Chung Moo Do?

R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

"We have some Tae Kwon Do/ Chung Moo Do schools up here in Canada and they do not have the greatest reputation here either."

Bonehead wrote that on the previous page... what did he mean?

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Simply put the TKD/CMD schools I have seen are belt mills that are very restrictive on their students. They have non-disclosure clauses in the contracts, they are harassed if they miss class. The students are not allowed to attend seminars without written permission from their instructor. The can be ostracized from the group at any time for any infraction of the rules, but they will be sued if they mention any of the training methods.

Simply put thsi cult is a joke!

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Seig
ChungMooWarrior, go ahead now and tell us all you were just having some fun. Please tell us you were joking and that you did not actually believe any of the stuff you posted, PLease! IF you persist, I will be forced to conclude that Gou pushed you off that 8 story building and you landed on your head, the only thing saving you being an exceedingly thick skull.

You can't prove a thing! I have an alibi!

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bonehead, so that is one school our talking about? I mean its a CMD/TKD school? Run by the cult people? I just got alarmed when you added the TKD because the only thing TKD is usually guilty of doing wrong is being a McDojo not a cult.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

R

Rob_Broad

Unfortunately there is more than just one of these schools here, but more and more people are becoming leary of joining such places.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haha.... ok I kinda need an answer straight out...... so uhm... are those CMD schools that changed thier name to TKD to avoid the bad press? I still have no clue what you meant earlier.:confused:

I actually would like to know if this is the case...what organisation they are apart of now.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think after Kim got arrested and convicted (tax evasion, amongst other things), the majority of the CMD schools either:

1) closed

or

2) changed their name to Oom Yong Doe.

Same crap, different name.

I don't think it's fair to lump CMD/CMQ/OYD with TKD. The rep TKD gets stems from bad instructors, whereas pretty much the entire CMD/CMQ/OYD system was corrupt.

Cthulhu

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Haha.... ok I kinda need an answer straight out...... so uhm... are those CMD schools that changed thier name to TKD to avoid the bad press? I still have no clue what you meant earlier.:confused:

I actually would like to know if this is the case...what organisation they are apart of now.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Hey Mavis, I did a quick search of CMD and TKD together on google. Here is a link that came up.

http://members.aol.com/kdoa/history1.html

After reading this, I have a feeling that many CMD schools are calling themselves TKD. Hope it helps.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"After reading this, I have a feeling that many CMD schools are calling themselves TKD. Hope it helps."

What makes you say that? After reading it I see the history of TKD as I know it but no mention of CMD. I only read it once as I'm off to my students black belt test today....god knows why I'm nervous, I'm not testing!

Anyway...if theres a line in there I missed please post it here, I'll go back and read it again tonight.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions