Chinese Styles

• Thread starter Hu Ren Qianzai Long
  • Start date

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ok just a question but why would white tiger and white eyebrow be considered forbiden arts?
They say it is because Pak Mei was a renegade monk, but it might have something to do with its associations with gangsters. The local teacher here is a triad chief thingy. He's good at Pak Mei though.

I'd like to add Monkey Style which is pretty much a style in its own right. Also Lohan Fists.

OP
Z

ZenYuchia

I practice Yuchia which so i am told is a fairly old art originating from Shaolin Temple. As far as i now it is taught only by Master Yu the descendent of the founder and my Sifu who learned it from him in China. The praimary focus of Yuchia is the re-direction and manipulation of your partners energy, its really more of a set of principals or guidelines than a style.

-Dave

OP
T

theneuhauser

zen yuchia,

very interesting. what unique attributes are there to this system?

OP
Z

ZenYuchia

I don't know if their is anything "unique" about it but we do lots of side stepping and pivots to avoid strikes. Basic punches and kicks. Chin na with some Aikido thrown in. And grappling. I am not sure if any thing we do is much different than what is taught in other Dojo's, Oh also we have a large emphasis on meditation and spirituality that according to people I have meet and talked to is absent from most American schools

-Dave
www.zenmartialarts.com is the school's website if you are interested.

OP
T

theneuhauser

sounds like aikido?

by the way im still waiting for you, chiduce, what the hell is black crane kung fu?

OP
S

sean_stonehart

Originally posted by 7starmantis

Oh, good one, I've been interested to see someone using this system!

7sm

Actually 7*, this one is credited to Yueh Feh (Ngok Feh in Guandongua). It's "supposedly" a precursor to Eagle Claw which is credited to Yueh Feh. This is just from the histories & legends of martial arts & the eternal "where did this come from" discussions. :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How far do we break this down? Do we simply say Dragon styles or do we say:
White Dragon
Black Dragon
Royal Dragon (not sure if this one is legit)
Iron Dragon

With the Mantis we have:
7star
Northern and southern Praying mantis
Bamboo forest
How many more?

Lets list
White lotus
Black Lotus
River Willow
Eagle claw

And there must be a have dozen snake styles someone should be able to find the names.

I agree that there are way t many to list properly but we cn give it a good try.
I remember Black Belt Magizne haveing an article once on "Dirty Stick" and a few other rare styles

Shadow :asian:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser

How far do we break this down? Do we simply say Dragon styles or do we say:
White Dragon
Black Dragon
Royal Dragon (not sure if this one is legit)
Iron Dragon

Shadow :asian:

Hey, I see you listed Black Dragon, what do you know about that system? If you have ANY info or links to it, I would love to get my hands on them. I've been trying to research taht system for quite a bit, the farthest I got was it was a school, not a style kinda thing.
Any help you can give would be great!

7sm

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry can't help.
The name keeps popping up from time to time but mostly in school names. It supposedly was involved in the opium wars and had most of its members killed off. I have no knowledge if it still truely exsists or not only that it did at one time.
Every time I see the name I check out the school but I have not found one yet that can prove it is ligit.
Shadow:asian:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sorry can't help.
The name keeps popping up from time to time but mostly in school names. It supposedly was involved in the opium wars and had most of its members killed off. I have no knowledge if it still truely exsists or not only that it did at one time.
Every time I see the name I check out the school but I have not found one yet that can prove it is ligit.
Shadow:asian:

BAH, ok well thanks anyway. Thats mostly what I have run into. When I was a kid I took from a Black Dragon school, but I was so young I can't remember much about it. Also, the sifu was very mean and extremely grumpy! I DO remember that!!

7sm

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iv'e got to meet with a few people between now and Dec. I'll see if they can help any ( one may or may not have something in writting on this . I'll let you know as soon as I see them.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Iv'e got to meet with a few people between now and Dec. I'll see if they can help any ( one may or may not have something in writting on this . I'll let you know as soon as I see them.

Hey, that would be great, I really appreciate it!!
What a great guy!! :asian:

7sm

OP
T

Taiji fan

then there is the 6 styles of tai chi ( yang, sun foo chen yin, and yang{yes there are two yang styles}.
SifuAnderson...I am intrigued.....we usually refer to the 5 main styles of taijiquan being Chen, Yang, Wu, Hao and Sun........what is Yin style and what is the second Yang?

:asian:

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by theneuhauser

sounds like aikido?

by the way im still waiting for you, chiduce, what the hell is black crane kung fu?
Ok, Shaolin Black Crane Kung Fu is a system which was derived for short range fighting for tall crane style boxers. It's complement was to include throws and locks but delete intricate forms so that it could be studied by the general populace or military personnel ". Also chin na is a part of the black crane system. "Shaolin modified the new chin na by adding techniques white crane (60%) and organizing their creation into 20 forms". In 68, these 20 forms were reduced to 8 and have been condensed to just 4 forms. The condensed forms in this modern day are as follows;
1. Introductory drill ( first form) or unnamed form;
2. Balance exercise, or Crane leaving the marsh;
3. Synthetic fist set; and
4, Defending the 4 angles:
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

Chiduce -

I am getting confused... What is it you do? "Clandestine" Black Dragon Kenpo Karatejutsu, Butokutsuru Ryu Kenpojutsu or Black Crane kung fu?

Ok, Shaolin Black Crane Kung Fu is a system which was derived for short range fighting for tall crane style boxers.[/B]

Why would a separate style need to be created for "tall" boxers? When was this style created? It is my understanding from the anthropology classes I have taken that, until at least the last century or so, that "tall" in Asian countries tended to be pushing 5' 8" or so but not much taller... I have trouble seeing how someone 5' 4" would need a specific method of training, much less a separate style of martial arts, to deal with an issue of a few issues of reach...

It's complement was to include throws and locks but delete intricate forms so that it could be studied by the general populace or military personnel

Implying somehow that it did not include throws and locks to begin with? As CMA goes, that is relatively unheard of... I have yet to come across a CMA style that doesn't include extensive chin na and shuai chiao training... Your statement also implies that forms are beyond the ability of the general population or the military. Several styles of CMA are attributed specifically to the military, Xingyi being the one most well known (that I am aware of). The Xingyiquan Twelve Animal form is extremely complex, yet was found suitable enough for military training... Please clarify your statement's intention.

Also chin na is a part of the black crane system.

See my statement above. Chin na is part of every CMA style to some degree.

Shaolin modified the new chin na by adding techniques white crane (60%) and organizing their creation into 20 forms". In 68, these 20 forms were reduced to 8 and have been condensed to just 4 forms.

What are you trying to say here? Your statement is very confusing. Are you trying to say that, in order to create this allegedly tall people only style, they had to use 60% of another style to do so? Also, are you saying that the 20 forms the style originally is claimed to have possessed was reduced/condensed in the last 30 years to only 4? Who did this and what was the rationale for doing so? It would seem to me that if there were 20 forms before, there was a reason for all of them to be there...

I look forward to your reply...

Gambarimasu.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chiduce

"Shaolin modified the new chin na by adding techniques white crane (60%) and organizing their creation into 20 forms".

I'm confused about this statement as well. What exactly do you mean ?

7sm

OP
C

Chiduce

I teach Clandestine Black Dragon Kenpo Karatejutsu & Butokutsuru Ryu Kenpojutsu. The Black Crane Kung Fu was mentioned as another chinese style, which was suppose to be what this posting is about. The changes were made to black crane kung fu by Shaolin. Why, it did not say or justify. The Black Crane information came from the Shaolin Gung Fu Institute online.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

Latest Discussions