China Elite

J

Josh

yes. i have wondered about this alot. But what Chinese style's are strictly combat. No forms, just stuff that could be taught to civilians of course, and swat cops, millitary type, security, bouncer type folks?? Thanks.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Josh
yes. i have wondered about this alot. But what Chinese style's are strictly combat. No forms, just stuff that could be taught to civilians of course, and swat cops, millitary type, security, bouncer type folks?? Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what CMA could really be used in pure combat? If your talking about military combat, no martial arts will help you dodge bullets. If your talking about hand to hand, there are several systems that are pure fighting and not just showy. Wushu is very flashy, very acrobatic, but dont let wushu be your only exposure to CMA. There are alot of security, police organizations that use Chin Na heavily in thier training. I wish I could remember which month this article apeared in, but there was an awesome article about the chinese police training regiment, pretty impressive.

I train in 7* mantis and it is strictly fighting, everything we do is to increase pure fighting skill. We do lots of forms as well, but don't be fooled into thinking forms do not increase your fighting. We do fighting with our forms as well. Several of our students work as security officers, bouncers, even an FBI Special Agent. Our techniques are very devastating knee kicks, arm breaks, eye gouges, throat strikes, ect.

I think you have to look for a good complete system that focuses on fighting. Lots of southern systems are very applicable for fighting.

7sm

OP
J

Josh

hey man. thanks for the view. yes, Chin Na does seem very applicable and so is Combat Shia Chiou. Something like that. It's a grappling art with tons of unique throws. thanks again.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, Shia Chiou is pretty effective, although I don't think I would classify it as one of the most effective systems of CMA.

I still don't think I understand the question however.

7sm

OP
J

Josh

hey. yea, sorry, nevermind. sometimes, my questions are unclear.

Latest Discussions