Chi Sao- Crossing the bridge

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
this statement is correct..if you can prove me wrong then please provide me with the evidence.. I said nothing about secret.

You said "first time being revealed to the public." That can be interpreted the way I did. You want proof it could be read that way? Well, you already got it...because I already wrote it!

And I'm not retracting my opinion.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
please show me where I said This is "secret training method'' your full of ****..your making to much out of this.. I call you on your ********?? please provide your evidence other wise retract your statement...

Doesn't seem like a very Buddhist response from a 'Buddha Hand Wing Chun' master....

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This thread represents a prime example of one of the reasons why WC has been chosen to be one of my secondary arts and not my primary art.

In my opinion he's actually kind enough to make some videos and post on a public forum of some of his lineages concepts for us to either learn from or ignore.

Does it really matter if he said its the first time available to the public and if it actually is the first time?

Maybe we should be forum scholars and open our minds up to different teachings instead of being forum warriors.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
You said "first time being revealed to the public." That can be nterpretedi the way I did. You want proof it could be read that way? Well, you already got it...because I already wrote it!

And I'm not retracting my opinion.[/

I want proof that my statement is false not your interpretation.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it's obvious your a troll..

Naw, he's just stubborn and grouchy. If we want to keep this forum positive, let it go. I didn"t see anything all that new about the concepts you shared either, but so what? I still appreciate you posting the clip.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This thread represents a prime example of one of the reasons why WC has been chosen to be one of my secondary arts and not my primary art.

In my opinion he's actually kind enough to make some videos and post on a public forum of some of his lineages concepts for us to either learn from or ignore.

Does it really matter if he said its the first time available to the public and if it actually is the first time?

Maybe we should be forum scholars and open our minds up to different teachings instead of being forum warriors.

Agree with you 100% there.

When someone puts up a clip, the 1st thing that I look is "can I learn something from it?" If I can learn something, it's a valuable clip to me. Whether that clip was put up the 1st time, or it was put up the 100th times, it's still a good clip.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If someone is willing to share his "first time revealed information" to the public, whether you consider that "f1st time revealing" as "secret" or not, it has nothing to do with his generosity that he is willing to share.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
If someone is willing to share his "first time revealed information" to the public, whether you consider that "f1st time revealing" as "secret" or not, it has nothing to do with his generosity that he is willing to share.

Oh please, compared to some of the things that have been said to ME on this site, that was a harmless comment. I'll express the same philosophy that has been shared with me when I complained about certain remarks: if you don't like it or can't handle it, then don't post on the boards. I've had people reply to my threads with remarks that were basically calling me stupid, but you don't see me whining about it.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Times out guys please ... I need to refill my bucket of popcorn and ice chest ...:p

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Naw, he's just stubborn and grouchy. If we want to keep this forum positive, let it go. I didn"t see anything all that new about the concepts you shared either, but so what? I still appreciate you posting the clip.

There is nothing new in MA..perhaps a different flavor with a twist but that is all. Appreciation is appreciated.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
the answer is at 4:15-4:25 which is only one way. But to say what would I do i would have to chi sao with you then you would know. Every time is different. When I do "Snake creeping up" it;s not a technique,but a way of doing chi sao,so it can't fail.only a technique can fail. When I creep up your bridge you wont know it until its to late. because its a non threatening passive move. So this type of chi sao I believe is unique to my lineage,and this is only a peice of it not the whole thing.there is much more.

Ok just watched the parts you specified , after you have jammed the bicep what would be his counter to that , in your lineage?
Off the top of my head , in our lineage we would probably pivot and roll in to a low bong sau , if your hand gets trapped inside his bicep there could be a possibility of getting your arm broken at the elbow joint.

The other counter might be what we call a "reverse'' Tan Sau , do you have that in your lineage?
Basically , unlike your normal Tan Sau which goes forward , this Tan Sau goes backward due to pivoting , think of rolling with both your arms one in Bong , and the other in Tan.

On the Tan Sau side you pivot back , that is the "reverse'' Tan Sau.

It's used to break the opponents structure by causing a dual , pushing /pulling force , he gets dragged in by the Tan Sau on one side and his structure is left compromised on the other and vulnerable to collapse.
This would also counter the bicep jam.

But since your lineage does these bicep jamming techniques , I would be interested in knowing what counters have evolved to deal with them.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll never do that to anybody. I just suggest that a WC guy should support another WC guy. It's not easy to find someone who shares the same interest as you do.

Yep...or should I say "Yip", since we're talking wing chun.
With all our differences, we still have more in common with each other than we do with any other martial artist from another system.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would love the opportunity to cross hands with other lineages. They are few and far between in my part of the world.
Getting to hear others talk about and even demo their take on our art, while not an even trade for crossing hands with them, is definitely a plus.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like the move at 4.54 that he uses his right arm to "jam"' both of his opponent's arms at the same time. If you can do that to your opponent, you will have one free hand to punch on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time visualizing this exchange, and I'd ask if you could post a clip ...but it's still pointless. To sort out these kinds of questions, you really have to get the interested parties together and work it out physically. It's much more instructive and way less boring than hammering away on a keyboard.

Since you had asked, I just made this clip 3 hours ago for exactly what I was talking about in another thread "A civilized way to prevent a fight".

Last edited:

Latest Discussions