Chain Smoking Self Dense Instructor!

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, who cares, in a martial arts context it should not impact on his ability to train you or with you - if he's not smoking in the actual dojo that is.

If you're also a friend or mate of this dude and concerned that he's gonna speed up his own demise then up to you if you want to throw your two cents his way, otherwise the best thing you can do is take up smoking also and just try to fit in with the gang ok.

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are a few professional hockey players who smoke, they just have to work harder to keep their physical standards up. Your wind won't be as good but it can still be good.

That last point is really irritating... because it's so true! I have a twenty-something year old nephew who smokes. One summer we went on a hike up a 12,000+ foot peak and he left me in the dust going up and coming back down. When I caught up with him down at the ski lodge at the bottom, he apologized for leaving me behind, but he said that he was in a hurry to get down because he was out of cigarettes!!!

Now as to smoking in "the dojo", my instructor does smoke while teaching. Why not? We work out in a small group at his house. Anyway, when my he stops for a smoke, I do look at in on the bright side as well. It's a chance for me to catch my wind. I also usually indulge my own caffeine addiction and swig down some coffee ...each to their own.

Anyway, when I started this thread, I really wasn't trying to get all self righteous... I'm way too much of a sinner myself to go around judging others. I was just wondering how you guys felt.

Latest Discussions