Censorship, Moderation and MartialTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob_Broad

I would like to set the record straight about my rant earlier. I had some issues that were bothering me about the site and they had been festering for a while. When this thread started I decided what the hell, what better place to vent.

I am not suggesting tightening the rules around here so that every post is policed. I am not saying let it all go to pot either. I know the moderators have a very tough job, and usually you piss some one off no matter how you handle a situation. For that my hat hat is off to them, keep up the good work.

I left being a moderator(still in my probationary period, I may not have even made it to the final selection) for a few reasons, time constraints with work at that time, my wife nagging about spending more time with the computer than her, and I felt at times we were too politially correct almost santized in the moderating process. Is that a bad thing proabably not, I just like to remove something overtly offensive immediately in the hope that the less who have to see the less damage it can do. I have no ill will to any member of the moderation team here at Martial Talk, even if I do not see eye to eye with someone for their beliefs I respect them for putting them forth.

After I had my rant I felt a lot better, I PM'd Kaith within minutes and let him know that I was very pleased with most of the aspects of Martial Talk. The rant or maybe even tantrum was very therapeutic and I have come back to posting with a renewed vigor.

Hope everyone realizes what a unique forum this is and I hope they take advantage of all it has to offer.

C

Chaos

Oh, I am a moderator on an online game forum, The game is called The battles of Tenadia and it consists of Lvling up a pit fighter and fighting in massive arena battles with hundreds of people at a time, all simulated while you sleep. The site is www.tenadia.com but the game or forum is not up at the moment due to a change in WebService. The forum is just game talk, roleplaying, story telling and joking around. That a good enuff answer?

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaos
Here I will say something with a little bit of seiousnisity.

"I feel that the Mods are doing a good enuff job on handling the boards, I am a moderator on a forum and it is a lot of work checking every thread to see if anything is not quite right, and I think if you are old enuff to find this site and register an account then you should be able to handle any slip ups without them warping your fragile little mind."

If that made no sense then just ignore me.

I agree with you completely. We're supposed to be responsible adults here. It would be nice to see folks behave as if this were the case. Construing every little mistake as a personal insult or an attempt to impose a new totalitarian regime on the internet is silly.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
lmao. Exactly.

I just shrug whenever someone says he is mad over something someone posted (or I posted lol ) . KIDS! lol As if any one cares if you are mad or not. Get over it and get on with your life. This is just the internet.

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
lmao. Exactly.

I just shrug whenever someone says he is mad over something someone posted (or I posted lol ) . KIDS! lol As if any one cares if you are mad or not. Get over it and get on with your life. This is just the internet.

HAHA.......I love your view on things, it ALWAYS makes me laugh :rofl:

C

Chaos

That is because of your Salmon *STAB*.... sorry, Salmon Heritage....

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by PAUL
JN usually makes me laugh too, even when he is pissing off everyone else on this entire forum......:eek: :D

yup......always a good read :rofl:

J

Jill666

Yup- heard it from my husband-

exact quote-

"Could you NOT spend every waking moment on that computer and spend some time with ME?"

:erg:

Since he spent that past 8 years of his life programming (IE: spending every waking moment on that computer) I was so astonished I was actually speechless. :erg:

Then I did this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That didn't go over well.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Jill666
Yup- heard it from my husband-

exact quote-

"Could you NOT spend every waking moment on that computer and spend some time with ME?"

:erg:

Since he spent that past 8 years of his life programming (IE: spending every waking moment on that computer) I was so astonished I was actually speechless. :erg:

Then I did this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That didn't go over well.

When the wife says it, it means "we haven't cuddled enough"
When a hubby says it, it means "you can go right back to it in
20 minutes .. if you're smart enough to find this message"

:rofl:

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kirk
When the wife says it, it means "we haven't cuddled enough"
When a hubby says it, it means "you can go right back to it in
20 minutes .. if you're smart enough to find this message"