Celebrity Martial Artists

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
She did a stint on Silver Spoons too. Black Belt magazine has featured some celeb martial artists lately. One of the guys from the band Poison is into BJJ, Joe Rogan from Fear Factor was featured, I think he's a TKD guy. The actor who chucks electricity on Mutant X is into Shotokan Karate.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by redfang
She did a stint on Silver Spoons too. Black Belt magazine has featured some celeb martial artists lately. One of the guys from the band Poison is into BJJ, Joe Rogan from Fear Factor was featured, I think he's a TKD guy. The actor who chucks electricity on Mutant X is into Shotokan Karate.

Rikki Rocket man! The drummer from POISON! the memories...the hair...the stonewashed jeans, leather jackets and women's makeup...all coming back...!!

Joe Rogan started in TKD, says he won a lot of tournaments and decided to switch to kickboxing for more of a challenge and full contact type of setting. now he is big into BJJ and pretty much any MMA in general. he did some commentary for UFC 40.

M

Mormegil

John Cusack kickboxes.

Descent fight scene in Grosse Pointe Blanc

"The goon stalking Martin Blank is Benny The Jet Urquidez, a world-champion kickboxer who was also John Cusack's kickboxing instructor."

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Are you serious?:asian:

Yes, I made a lengthy post about it that was lost when we lost a week of posts. One of the grappling magazines had a picture of him and there was a martial arts special on TV (maybe on cable?) that quoted him. He's serious about it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Yes, I made a lengthy post about it that was lost when we lost a week of posts. One of the grappling magazines had a picture of him and there was a martial arts special on TV (maybe on cable?) that quoted him. He's serious about it.

Well it is nice to know that the celebs are real people with real passions as well :D

S

Senfeng

Kelly Hu does karate and I got the impression that Wesley Snipes' studied other forms of MAs before. I believe that he mentions it in the commentary for Blade 2.

R

RCastillo

Robert Conrad studied, and enjoyed Ed Parkers Kenpo!

William Shatner studied MA at one time.

The Osmond Bros. were with Chuck Norris.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wesley Snipes, actor, Capoeira

Ah yes...the self proclaimed Capoeira master :rolleyes: And his 5th degree black belt (which he proudly boasts of) that was presented to him by a group of his peers........in nothing in-perticular.

Emmanuel Lewis (of Webster fame) and Willie Nelson both study Taekwondo

OP
cali_tkdbruin

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell

Emmanuel Lewis (of Webster fame) and Willie Nelson both study Taekwondo

Country artist Willie Nelson, well known for partaking of the hippie lettuce Willie Nelson? He's a fellow TKDist???

Who woulda thought??? :p :D

Hey, hold on while I fire up this blunt... :rofl: :rofl:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

That's cool but I never would have thought he would be doing anything like that.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Country artist Willie Nelson, well known for partaking of the hippie lettuce Willie Nelson? He's a fellow TKDist???

Who woulda thought??? :p :D

Hey, hold on while I fire up this blunt... :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, don't hog it up!:mad:

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Didn't David Lee Roth study with Benny The Jet also?

Also Sasha Mitchell from Step by Step is a kickboxer I believe, and I thought Jessica Alba studied some kind of martial art, I know I saw her the the Ed Parker Internationals back in 1995.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jessica Alba

*why isn't there a drooling smiley?*

Um...but anyway....yeah, David Lee Roth studied some form of Wushu. His arrogant little self has a video showing forms.

OH...Dan Danzig...he studied JKD

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know alot of professional athletes study martial arts also.

Wasn't there a football player (MN Vikings I think)who wanted to try and make the Olympic Tae Kwon Do team?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Um...but anyway....yeah, David Lee Roth studied some form of Wushu. His arrogant little self has a video showing forms.

God how I wish "Dark Angel" was back on the air.

Who is Dan Danzig?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Do you mean Glen Danzig? or is Dan danzig someone I should have heard of:confused:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't forget Mcdonald Carry from Days of our lives fame studied with Mr. Parker. David Lee Roth also worked with Frank Trejo.