Celebrity Martial Artists

K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Patrick Swayze ... he's into Shinto or Zen if I remember correctly, and his Kung Fu doesn't look too bad if I remember correctly.

And then there's the "glass-hopper" himself, Citizen "Cain" ...

David Carradine!!!!!!!!

Oops, sorry, we're talking about martial artists in REAL life.

My bad.

I still like his characters, though, especially in Circle of Iron.

M

Mormegil

Heh, Caradine...

I saw him on an infomercial a few years back selling Tai Chi videos with him as the instructor.

They should had have him say "Hi, I'm not Chinese, but I play one on television..."*

*I'm not saying only the Chinese and their descendents can do Kung Fu, I just thought it would be funny as he did play one (half of one)

M

Mormegil

Originally posted by tarabos
he was also on FOX's celebrity boxing. i think he beat up Screech from Saved By The Bell and then ran around the ring celebrating like he just beat Frank Shamrock...

I thought Bonaducci fought "Greg Brady" from the Brady Bunch.

Unless there was another fight.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mormegil

hmm...yeah...i think you're right. come to think of it, screech won his fight. he fought a celebrity that was real old though. can't remember who it was though. i think screech is a black belt in something himself.

OP
cali_tkdbruin

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mormegil

And if I remember correctly, Danny "Partridge" Bonaduce also put a beat down on Greg Brady in that one.

BTW, I believe that Bonaduce also practices a martial art, I'm not certain which style though... :idunno:

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Elvis was also a black belt in T.K.D. , and at the time of his death he owned a T.K.D. school With kang rhee. I have seen pictures of him working out and teaching there. He looked very serious about it. MITHIOS

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bob Barker of the price is right show studied under Chuck Norris for a lot of years. MITHIOS

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the episode of CHIPS that centered around martial arts at some community center? If I remember correctly Danny Bonaduce was a student of Ponch's (Erik Estrada) old training partner. Bonaduce was stealing for the old training partner and Ponch and his old partner met in the final climactic battle which was a kickboxing match. At some point Ponch was using weapons, nunchuks I think.

K

Ken JP Stuczynski

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
I too was always under the impression that the King was only a Karate practitioner. I was not aware that Elvis also studied my MA...:confused:

I think I saw Elvis once at the McDojo around the corner. In fact, there may have been a bunch of them. :D

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep it's so ! Elvis also had a black in shotokan or shito ryu i don't remember which, that he got before he ever started kenpo ( it was around the time of his military stint ). The Taekwondo came after he had been in kenpo for awhile. And the white uniform with red trim he wore alot is patterned after the moo duk kwan uniform that a person wears at red belt. It was made and given to him by Kang Rhee. Who had a moo duk kwan background. The school they owned is still in existance with Kang Rhee. From what i know Ed Parker introduced the 2. Kang Rhee also has a site you can look up. It's not his federation site, But you should find a link there. MITHIOS

OP
cali_tkdbruin

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mithios
Yep it's so !

And the white uniform with red trim he wore alot is patterned after the moo duk kwan uniform that a person wears at red belt. It was made and given to him by Kang Rhee. Who had a moo duk kwan background.

Yes, now I know that Elvis did have an extensive MA background, and not just in Kenpo. BTW, were you referring to this Elvis uniform...

Attachments

• $elvis black belt.jpg
    $elvis black belt.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 331

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
yep that's it ! If you look close at the belt, it has his rank stripes. You have to look close, they blend in some. MITHIOS

G

Galvatron

Originally posted by OULobo
I know he's not in the band anymore, but i didn't know he was so touchy on the subject. He's a pretty big guy. Not the bear I'd be pokin. Likely to come at me with crusafix dagger or somethng. :uhoh:

Glenn Danzig is muscular, but he stands all of about 5'7" tall.
He studies JKD but isn't nearly as proficient as he wishes (and leads people to believe he is).
I did some heavy bag workouts with him before and was less than impressed by his speed and technique.
His attitude left alot to be desired also. He had a really bad "My way is the best way" attitude.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Galvatron
Glenn Danzig is muscular, but he stands all of about 5'7" tall.
He studies JKD but isn't nearly as proficient as he wishes (and leads people to believe he is).
I did some heavy bag workouts with him before and was less than impressed by his speed and technique.
His attitude left alot to be desired also. He had a really bad "My way is the best way" attitude.
Galvatron,
I get the impression that he is "that way" about every thing. He may have a lot of good points about organized religeon, for instance, but when he claims to know more about it than "most" religeous scholars I have to call foul. He may feel differently but he is not nessesarily more learned (I think I spelled that right). It sounds as if he is just as bull headed about the Martial arts as the rest of us. I say let Benny the Jet teach him some manners.
Sean

PS. Could you name some of my favorite rock stars that you don't know? (ha ha)

Latest Discussions