Catholics are Chritstians!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShaolinWolf

Well, what I meant by the growth statement was the fact that I hope you can grow, as a fellow Christian would...All Christians need to grow...it's a must...we never stop learning...

S

ShaolinWolf

naaa...I'm not going to sleep yet...I'm reserving my strength here...lol...I'm just punchy with all the lols and comments that occassionally creep in...heh

S

ShaolinWolf

WHo said deeds don't count...? I believe deeds count in storing treasures in heaven...

S

ShaolinWolf

And Baptist have Communion...it's an act of remembrance...

S

ShaolinWolf

And one deed is just as good as another...Just the act of accepting Christ, which is not deed, but an acceptance of Christ Jesus...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
WHo said deeds don't count...? I believe deeds count in storing treasures in heaven...
Ok, Now I know you are having a problem tonight. Earlier you stated that thsoe that go to church and priase their good deeds and believe they will get into heaven will not. (* Not an actual quote *) You stated you needed to have accepted the savior.

S

ShaolinWolf

You misunderstand me...Yes you have to accept Jesus as personal Lord and Saviour...but I was saying the deeds you do are treasures stored up in Heaven...ok?...that is what I meant...I thought you'd take two and two and put it together since your reading my posts word for word...well, post for post, since you've skipped a few here and there...

S

ShaolinWolf

And another thing...you have serious issues with the bad rep thing...I'm not doing that to you...only once...

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your stance that deeds won't win you salvation ONLY accepting Jesus as savior will.... sounds like you were saying that deeds don't count

By the way acceptance is a MENTAL ACTION, it is a choice. It is a conscious state of being. This should manifest in the deeds you do. That is why I can respect the idea behind Baptist doctrine: Once you have truly accepted Jesus, then your deeds will be expressions of love and your salvation, and your deeds/acts will be manifestations of that salvation..... What is confusing about that to you?

So, now one deed is as good as another, yet the act/deed of accepting Jesus is more important and the only true deed that will save you, and we are back to Baptist doctrine and we are wrong if we don't agree with you on this we are not 'saved' therefore wrong.

You are intolerant and therefore your deeds express that. Jesus was tolerant and even begged forgiveness on those who persecuted him.

It is really hard to take someone seriously in a theological discussion when there are all these LOL's and smiley faces, snide, petty and juvenile.

I don't think that Rich, myself or anyone else needs to be mocked or laughed at, let alone told to shut up or anything else. Again, you are not expressing much love of Christ with this type of behavior. You do seem to be expressing a love of self as proclaimer....it seems that you are using the state of salvation as an excuse to act like a juvenile, petty brat and not to express any love of Christ by letting that love manifest in your treatment of us, unworthy hellbound types.

I am done with this, there is no talking to bigotry and Anti-"me" ism.

Paul M

S

ShaolinWolf

You know, there is also such a thing as fun, not just being austere...I'm not mocking anyone...that hasn't mocked me...and I'm being tolerant of you guys right now...and you are completely turning my words against me...ok you want to know what I believe?...

I believe that Acceptance of Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. That includes the sinner's prayer and a mental action. The deeds you do should be an act of love. Also, the deeds you do also store up treasures in heaven.

Read my latest posts...ok not my latest, seeing as they were rambling because I'm tired and I'm sorry if you are insulted, but I happen to have fun when I type and don't mean to be rude. We are not all perfect. And I don't use my Christianity as a way to just be as beligerent as I want. I was just kind of expressing my anger in an act of trying to let it go. We all don't and shouldn't keep it bottled up. I'm sorry that you are mad at me Paul, but I don't happen to think that I mocked any more than Rich mocked me. I tried to keep it down, but at least I'm not cursing him out. And I'm not mad at anyone here. You are taking things the wrong way and not reading all my posts...ok there are way too many now, thanks to my ramblings, but come on.

S

ShaolinWolf

Oh, and also, I'm a kid and I'm a juvenile. Also, I like to have fun, do you? I like to blow steam off with a laugh. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was insulting Rich or anybody, but I'm not doing it as disrespect. I'm punchy tonight too. I'm getting off now...

S

ShaolinWolf

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, LOKI, RICH, AND ALL WHO ARE CATHOLICS, IF YOU ARE CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU SAY YOU ARE, ACCEPTING CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR, WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM...YOU KEEP SAYING I'M CONDEMNING YOU TO HELL...I AM TALKING MAJORITY NOT YOU!!!!...sorry to shout but you guys keep missing the point...

S

ShaolinWolf

And also, I'm around Christians who poke fun...So, I'm used to poking fun at people I like...it's just for fun...so if I've offended you, I am seriously sorry...I'm just used to that sort of thing...

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
Your stance that deeds won't win you salvation ONLY accepting Jesus as savior will.... sounds like you were saying that deeds don't count

By the way acceptance is a MENTAL ACTION, it is a choice. It is a conscious state of being. This should manifest in the deeds you do. That is why I can respect the idea behind Baptist doctrine: Once you have truly accepted Jesus, then your deeds will be expressions of love and your salvation, and your deeds/acts will be manifestations of that salvation..... What is confusing about that to you?

So, now one deed is as good as another, yet the act/deed of accepting Jesus is more important and the only true deed that will save you, and we are back to Baptist doctrine and we are wrong if we don't agree with you on this we are not 'saved' therefore wrong.

You are intolerant and therefore your deeds express that. Jesus was tolerant and even begged forgiveness on those who persecuted him.

It is really hard to take someone seriously in a theological discussion when there are all these LOL's and smiley faces, snide, petty and juvenile.

I don't think that Rich, myself or anyone else needs to be mocked or laughed at, let alone told to shut up or anything else. Again, you are not expressing much love of Christ with this type of behavior. You do seem to be expressing a love of self as proclaimer....it seems that you are using the state of salvation as an excuse to act like a juvenile, petty brat and not to express any love of Christ by letting that love manifest in your treatment of us, unworthy hellbound types.

I am done with this, there is no talking to bigotry and Anti-"me" ism.

Paul M

Paul M,

Yes, your deeds should be a reflection of your state of mind. Yet, I do not think everyone understands this simple thought and action. Hence the reason people will on one hand say they are sorry and on the other hand still attack and or mock you with their words.

Yes, some times you can talk to bigotry, and others times there is only a miracle for hope. ;)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
Well, what I meant by the growth statement was the fact that I hope you can grow, as a fellow Christian would...All Christians need to grow...it's a must...we never stop learning...

I have been talking with you. I have been trying to grow. You have insulted. Then you preached. Then you condemned. Then you apologized and gave a backhand insult. And now you are talking about fun.

Maybe you might have grown? Maybe you have decided to laugh at us.

I do not know.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
And another thing...you have serious issues with the bad rep thing...I'm not doing that to you...only once...
I do not have issues with the bad reputation on this board.

You can click on it all you want. That is your choice. You stated I had done it to you. I replied I did not.

Now you are being argumentive about me having issues. Once again I do not undersand your reasoning.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
You know, there is also such a thing as fun, not just being austere...I'm not mocking anyone...that hasn't mocked me...and I'm being tolerant of you guys right now...and you are completely turning my words against me...ok you want to know what I believe?...

I believe that Acceptance of Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. That includes the sinner's prayer and a mental action. The deeds you do should be an act of love. Also, the deeds you do also store up treasures in heaven.

Read my latest posts...ok not my latest, seeing as they were rambling because I'm tired and I'm sorry if you are insulted, but I happen to have fun when I type and don't mean to be rude. We are not all perfect. And I don't use my Christianity as a way to just be as beligerent as I want. I was just kind of expressing my anger in an act of trying to let it go. We all don't and shouldn't keep it bottled up. I'm sorry that you are mad at me Paul, but I don't happen to think that I mocked any more than Rich mocked me. I tried to keep it down, but at least I'm not cursing him out. And I'm not mad at anyone here. You are taking things the wrong way and not reading all my posts...ok there are way too many now, thanks to my ramblings, but come on.
SW,

Hmmm, If you think i have been mocking you, then you missed my points. My points were that you acted in a certain way. You got upset when I acted the same way back at you. This was done so you could how un-friendly this is. Friendly is one of the requirements for this site. It also helps when you are trying to catch fly's with honey versus vinegar. So, then you begin to get upset at me with me examples of your logic applied back at you.

Oh Well. You can not talk to everyone

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
And also, I'm around Christians who poke fun...So, I'm used to poking fun at people I like...it's just for fun...so if I've offended you, I am seriously sorry...I'm just used to that sort of thing...
To go from insulting and not being tolerant to poking fun at people within the same post or a few posts is difficult to do in the written form. No one sees your smile, or your body language.

This can be difficult to read about you.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone,

Let us close this thread now. If you wish to continue the discussion about Christianity or similiar subjects, Please feel free to start a new thread.

:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions