Canvas v-neck dobok

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw this
by Master Kang, Shin Chul & was really impressed by his flexibilty. But I noticed his dobok seemed to be canvas. I know it seems odd that I would ask about this when it's 100 degrees in LA today, but does anyone know where to get a canvas v-neck dobok?

Last edited by a moderator:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe AWMA can special order them for you. Someone told me that once, but it get too hot in Texas to wear one of those.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe AWMA can special order them for you. Someone told me that once, but it get too hot in Texas to wear one of those.

I bought a number of these from AWMA years ago but Pine Tree no longer makes them. I inquired of Best/Sang Moo Sa and they no longer carry them either. Sorry!

BTW, GM Kang is really cool-has some excellent videos out there!

Miles

GlassJaw

Orange Belt
Reaction score
But I noticed his dobok seemed to be canvas. I know it seems odd that I would ask about this when it's 100 degrees in LA today, but does anyone know where to get a canvas v-neck dobok?

What about it leads you to suspect that it's canvas? From the fall and translucency of the top, I'd say that it's a medium-weight polyester blend we commonly encounter in TKD (not the lightweight "competition" uniform).

The pants, though, appear to be a bit heavier and look like they might be all cotton. Those aren't difficult to come by as separates (however, sometimes it's cheaper just to get a complete karate gi and throw out the jacket than to buy the pair of pants separately).

I am scratching my head a bit, though, as to why he's wearing a frayed, stained, and faded dobak in front of the camera. Maybe he's making a statement about the casual/comfortable nature of his stretching routine.
Or maybe he's just not as anal about such things as I am.

Dan

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am scratching my head a bit, though, as to why he's wearing a frayed, stained, and faded dobak in front of the camera.

From Miles' post, maybe it's because that type of dobok is hard to come by, now.

Latest Discussions