Canon 50D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thing's a fricken tank. We just picked one up and it's lethal compared to our other gear. You get hit with this, it's gonna hurt! LOL

15.1MP and can shoot up to an ISO12800. (What's that good for, pitch black? LOL)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thing's a fricken tank. We just picked one up and it's lethal compared to our other gear. You get hit with this, it's gonna hurt! LOL

15.1MP and can shoot up to an ISO12800. (What's that good for, pitch black? LOL)

Sounds great! I'm a Pentaxian, so I shot a *ist DS until a month ago, finally got a 200D. Don't need a 20D, and the new K-7 is going to be right out of my price range, but it's sweet.

The things I love about my Pentax vice Canon is that I use a lot of old manual focus lenses, and the Pentax is just a bit better at that, plus it can use all the old K mount and KA mount Pentax lenses ever made. I was a Canon fan in the film days, but when they switched from FD mount to EOS mount, I bailed.

Enjoy the Canon!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Only major issue I have with Canon and Nikon is they aren't building the image stabilization into the bodies, so their lenses all cost 1/3+ more than everyone else. Otherwise, I'm liking the XSI and so far the 50D as the colors seem alot truer than our Nikon D50's. I was considering the Konica's before they exited the camera market. Heard good things about Pentax though. Only other "real" camera I've used was a Mamiya R67 medium format film camera.

Latest Discussions