C.y.b.o.r.g.

old_sempai

Green Belt
Reaction score
New Jersey, way in the woods with 2 dogs, one pass
Aren't they primarily pepper based compounds? with my luck the bears would use it as seasoning, or even as a marinade........., then using a chesnut and clover stuffing, bread me up using ground acorn meal..........and then honey coat, continually basting while slowly roasting over an open fire........washing it all down all down with homemade blue or blackberry wine......

:drinkbeer :drinkbeer

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by old_sempai
Aren't they primarily pepper based compounds? with my luck the bears would use it as seasoning, or even as a marinade........., then using a chesnut and clover stuffing, bread me up using ground acorn meal..........and then honey coat, continually basting while slowly roasting over an open fire........washing it all down all down with homemade blue or blackberry wine......

:drinkbeer :drinkbeer

Aaaaah O.S. eeeerrr..... just so you know.

YOU SPRAY THE REPELLENT ON THE BEAR NOT ON YOU, SILLY!!!!

:rolleyes:

;)

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by old_sempai
:eek:

I thought if i sprayed it on myself they'd run away.......... maybe that explains why the dogs keep licking my clothes.......

:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
K

Kirk

Beware of Bears

The California State Department of Fish and Game is advising
hikers, hunters, fishermen, and golfers to take extra precautions
and be on the alert for bears while in the Yosemite, Tahoe, and
Northern Sierra areas.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices, such as
little bells, on their clothing to alert but not startle the bears
unexpectedly.

They also advise you to carry pepper spray, in case of an
encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch for signs of
bear activity.

People should be able to recognize the difference between black
bear and grizzly bear droppings:

**Black bear droppings are smaller and contain berries and
possibly squirrel fur.

**Grizzly bear droppings have bells in them and smell like pepper
spray.

:p

old_sempai

Green Belt
Reaction score
At least, unlike some people I know [you know the type - these are the ones that go to family reunions to meet girls] at least I dont have to tie a bone around my neck to get my dogs to play with me............ to tell the truth they're just two loveable hounds - had three but we lost Lady Ashley last summer after 14 great years...........

:)

:drinkbeer

old_sempai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Kirk............

actually I used to have bears come through the yard, and they seemed to be laughing at the dogs cause they were always on leads......... but at 2 in the morning I caught one in the yard under the glare of a spotlight, and blasted him with a 132 dBA protable air horn........ it was amazing to see a bear jump at least 4 feet straight up and over a wall....... I heard him running [more like crashing into trees] through the woods for about 2 minutes................ and then each time my son or I saw them we'd chase them while yelling and hitting the air horn............

Next thing I know there were signs posted in the woods saying stay away from the blue ranch house........... the guys living there are nut cases............ Seriously a portable air horn is better than bear spray because just like the tome: Yeah though I walk through the valley of death........... they think we're the meanest SOB's in the valley............... and it sure beats trying to stand in one spot while facing a charging bear..........

another trick......... drink beer and water the trails where they come through....... they soon shy away from those trails as well.......... They don't like hassles and really are shy animals.. black bears that is... don't know much about other species of bears though save what I learn on the Discovery Channel.....

:drinkbeer :burp:

Latest Discussions