Bujinkan - Is it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connovar

Green Belt
Reaction score
Steve Hayes, Shawn Haven, Ken Harding as regular instructors not to mention seminars with Hatsumi, Hoban, Manaka etc etc. Dont worry about being crass. You are what you are!

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I don't worry. I just try to be better with every breath.

The Bujinkan is a good way to do that, in my never-humble opinion.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Connovar said:
I would consider almost 10 years with Bujinkan and having trained with different instructors in different places as a more than adequate experience of the Bujinkan. Of course we also trained with students and instructors from different countries who would be there, so it isnt just US based observations.

Well, with your training experience being a tad more extensive than my own, I'd say that this accentuates my point about being at the right place at the right time even more, sorry to say it. It's all about knowing your place in the training "food chain". A year ago, an instructor from the dojo I've been visiting quite a lot recently told me that if I had started my training there, I would probably never have heard of kihon happo even after several years - simply because the unspoken rule of the dojo in question is that you are expected to know it thoroughly when you show up to train there.

Connovar

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes I suppose that Hayes, Harding, Malstrom, Hoban, Manaka etc really dont know their taijitsu as well as they do where you come from. We just cant get good instruction here in the ole USA ;)

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
""As you can see, training is like cooking. Two people can have the exact same ingredients, but one is able to create something delicious, the other, something disgusting."

- quoted from "Understand? Good. Play!"

Connovar

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes,Playing can be good especially when you are a child. However there comes a time when we must grow up and put the childish things behind us.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"Until now, I feel as if I have been playing with you. Well, I am sick of playing. I mentioned the other day at my talk about Takamatsu-sensei that men were made to cry and to die. And I meant it. If you are scared of death, please quit training. Because ultimately that is what you are training for. That's why you don't see any more kindergarten students around any more. It's time to start treating you like adults."

- quoted from "Understand? Good. Play!"

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread Closed

Thank you

Rich Parsons
Martial Talk
Assistant Administrator