Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
You know it is so easy for all of you to post that I know nothing about the arts...

Yes Bruce, It is quiet easy for me to post that you KNOW abousolutely NOTHING ABOUT THE MARTIAL ARTS ! It is proven all over your post here and every single thread in this forum. You do have a brilliant way of ducking legitimate questions. Typical of you to tell us that you have a video or pics but afraid to post them because we might think its fake. You know what Bruce, maybe its really fake !

You're trying to convince me that the earth is really flat not round !

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
If I was so much a fake and knew nothing about the arts... Why would these people have me teach in their school? or Why would they spend their time coming to my school for seminars and training?

Why don't you invite them over and have them validate you on this forum. Bruce, I am not sure if you have ADDH or other learning disability, if you do then I understand.

Your martial arts skills is not the issue here, its your INTEGRITY and other outlandish claims that is questionable as well as your personal history. I guess you are no better than Ashida Kim Bruce.

Your repeated claim of 37 years of training is unverifiable at its best. You claim current certificates printed by you are simply to replaced worned and lost certificates. Have you heard of a copier machine Bruce ? Keep the original at home and bring copies with you.

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
I have traveled all over the US and met many Martial Artist. And everyone I have met felt I was the real deal.

The problem with this statement is, that the ones you quote to have trained with happends to have questionable background. A fruadulent martial artist would validate anyone Bruce.

Again, let bring them into the forum to dispel the myth of your background. I can't speak for the other members of this forum, from what I have read with all your posting.

You Bruce Calkins IS NOT a real deal !

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bruce, Here's a statement directly from Eaglet Federation:

Shodai Soke(First Generation Soke)
Minimum of age requirement of 21, Style must also be recognized
by at least one other organization. Must hold 5th Degree in two styles
and show a breakdown of the style and rank requirements.

http://www.eaglefederation.com/eagl...on.com/eaglefed/martialarts/emaf/sokeship.php

According to you, you have Shodans in AIkido and Karate. what power got you to have eaglet federation to bypass such stringent rule and granted you shodai Soke ?

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
So now Bruce, if you don't mind that I take the spotlight away from you a bit. Dr. Allen Carpenter, What is he a doctor of ?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
Bruce, Here's a statement directly from Eaglet Federation:

Shodai Soke(First Generation Soke)
Minimum of age requirement of 21, Style must also be recognized
by at least one other organization. Must hold 5th Degree in two styles
and show a breakdown of the style and rank requirements.

http://www.eaglefederation.com/eaglefed/martialarts/emaf/?page=http://www.eaglefederation.com/eaglefed/martialarts/emaf/sokeship.php

According to you, you have Shodans in AIkido and Karate. what power got you to have eaglet federation to bypass such stringent rule and granted you shodai Soke ?
My question is this how can anyone be a Shodai soke at 21 of course I really do not inderstand this shodai soke stuff but isn't 21 alfully young for a title of this sort.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr calkins I would ask you to post some pics. and video, what can it hurt at this time all it could do is help your claims and maybe some people would view you differently, maybe not in some cases. I for one believe a picture is worth a thousand words so post them for the world to see.

By the way I'm not trying to be sarcastic just trying to see your way of thinking.
Terry lee Stoker

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
So now Bruce, if you don't mind that I take the spotlight away from you a bit. Dr. Allen Carpenter, What is he a doctor of ?
I have a curiousity of this when I see other mrtial artists refer or use this title also.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Mr calkins I would ask you to post some pics. and video, what can it hurt at this time all it could do is help your claims and maybe some people would view you differently, maybe not in some cases. I for one believe a picture is worth a thousand words so post them for the world to see.

By the way I'm not trying to be sarcastic just trying to see your way of thinking.
Terry lee Stoker
I have to agree. Although I do not have many pics of my instructors, and lack pics from two in particular (in my younger days, a male was not concerend with posing for prosperity), I do have many.

So, yeah, I would love to see pics from Mr. Calkins.

Please, no pics of superhuman/supernatural, super Chi ones.

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
My Suggestion is Log Into His Site and ask Him. Every time i answer a question in these forums No body likes my answers and I get a BS flag... so Ask Him...

http://www.eaglefederation.com/eaglefed/martialarts/emaf/

How convinient Bruce, I tried to invite him and all I get when I clicked the contact founder is :

"Cannot send email, no program is set up to sent email" prompt !

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
How convinient Bruce, I tried to invite him and all I get when I clicked the contact founder is :

"Cannot send email, no program is set up to sent email" prompt !
Akashiro: isn't that a fault with your computer's set up rather than anything else? When I click on the contact link it starts up thunderbird (my mail handler) on my computer and loads the address into the "To" bar.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
A.) You know it is so easy for all of you to post that I know nothing about the arts... Im sorry to keep saying that you are wrong...

B.) Just because what I learned over the 37 years in not like yours. The History I learned and respect is listed all over.

C.) If I was so much a fake and knew nothing about the arts...

D.) Why would these people have me teach in their school? or Why would they spend their time coming to my school for seminars and training? They

E.) It gets very hard for me to constantly read the posts in this forum. I guess the reason I keep posting is that maybe someone will finally see... "Hay Maybe we were mistaking." " That is something I did hear." "It's not the way I learned it but... Maybe".

F.) But no... Everything is fake and that is that.

G.) I will be attending Mr. Hubbards Meet and Greet and I have asked my good friend Sifu David Moore to come as well. I just hope that when people meet me in person instead in type that they will see that I am NOT a fake but someone that has truly devoted all of his life to this wonderful art. So far everyone I have met in person agrees. I have many friends in the arts. and hope to grow these numbers.
A.) I had nevered said you did not have ANY knowledge of martial arts. Some things that you had posted here and on your site are questionable and controversial.

B.) After those years, which I am more or less, the same amount of years, I have learned, continue to learn, and adjusted my previous title/ranks (which I do not gloat over), especially my beliefs, what I have known back then-adjusted as to now. My years of training are not like others here. I get a little bashing because I refuse to post my backgorund. But, hey, by posting (or not), my background, will not change my opinions, post, threads. But will change others outlook towards me. So I rather not post my background in such may or may not create issues.

C.) Hey, I do not think you are fake, but misguided in some issues.

D.) Because they are in the same mind-set as yours or they do not know any better. Because they are either under-educated or have the decency to acknowledge your skill and not rank/title. Because those acknoweldge you as a person with certain accomplishments. I too, have people around me like this. I also have a problem with reading/writing. I acknowledge this problem to seek clinical advice-to which I found and realize I have dsylexia and dsygraphia. As of this moment, as with anything I read/write, I have to back space or correct. Although some things still slip in error. But, I realize my problem and adjust.

E.) I understand, as I always put myself in the shoes of someone else, that you will feel anxiety. I did mention in other posts, that I commend you for your continued posts. It takes guts to return.

F.) Everything is not fake-but much is questionable and controversial. I do not think you are a "fake"- person, law-biding citizen, or martial artist.

G.) I am not taking away your devotion, but trying to understand you and others, over such questionable and controversial issues.

Last-my signature reflects one statement of my general philosophy.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
I think his website has plenty of pictures with Bruce posing
Posing is not the same as at least some with his instructors.

Also, we are forgeting a key factor...it is WHOM Mr. Calkins had trained with.

If he trained or is in league, associated, part of, any such teachers, persons, organozations, that have questionable and controversial issues, he too, will have the same.

Thus, he has obtained their mind-set-their beliefs.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
You know it is so easy for all of you to post that I know nothing about the arts... Im sorry to keep saying that you are wrong... Just because what I learned over the 37 years in not like yours.
Look Bruce here is the deal I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I have never said you didn't know anything. You just have a different approach to the arts than the rest of us and that seems unusual. I will give you a chance If you are indeed a true American soke let us know where and when your seminars are, that you are speaking at and I am sure one of us would be more than happy to come see you and get in a work out in and see your style. Since we have no first hand accounts of your abilities or your style and it is obvious that you can’t answer any of the questions to our satisfaction only one of two things can save your reputation at this point. Either get some of your fellow instructors on this site to answer some questions or let us know your seminar teaching circuit and let us report back to the forum in your defense. It is as simple as that. P.S. If you really want a brutal critique then invite the dark Lord of Kenpo he is a real nice guy and very receptive. I can’t wait to work out with him when I visit Cally.

V/R

Rick English

OP
Akashiro Tamaya

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Aegis said:
Akashiro: isn't that a fault with your computer's set up rather than anything else? When I click on the contact link it starts up thunderbird (my mail handler) on my computer and loads the address into the "To" bar.

Thanks Aegis, I'll try a diffrent computer later !

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bruce has indicated he'll be attending the MT seminar in July. Good chance for those interested to talk to him in person, as well as meet other MT members.

/shameless plug. :D

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Bruce has indicated he'll be attending the MT seminar in July. Good chance for those interested to talk to him in person, as well as meet other MT members.

/shameless plug. :D

I think attendance for this Seminar just went Up.

V/R

Rick

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been 20 posts sence Bruce last posted lets give him time to read all of these posts and answere or comment on them.

As Kaith has said Mr. Calkins has agreed to be at the MT summer camp in Buffalo this July. I'd like to see a few more out there join everyone at the meet and greet. It's a great place and time to get to know each another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions