Bring the most with the smallest...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The case for bringing a knife to a gunfight there....

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
The answers above are good, but Paul has set awful wide criteria...hard to get a straight answer.

Wide criteria's lead to good discussions and a variety of preferences.

I personally like 9mm caliber wise, and feel that it is sufficient enough to do the job. But for size and capacity....there are just so many to chose from...

:supcool:

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
I'd have to give the "smallest with the mostest" prize to Para-Ordnance. They have one called the Warthog with a 3" barrel and a weight of 24 oz. that packs 10+1 in .45 acp. Or, you could go with the Hawg9 that's the same size & weight but holds 12+1 in 9mm. Kimber also makes guns of the same size/capacity. At least in .45

If, God forbid, you should stray from the true path of the 1911 :)D), There's always Glock. Also, one of the Taurus Millenniums holds 10+1 in .45 with a weight of 23 oz.

I have seen the ads for the Warthog. Have you (or anyone) tested it out yet to be able to attest for its reliability?

T

TonyM.

I like the Colt Double Eagle Officers ACP. Double action .45, 8+1, 3 1/2" barrel. King makes a great custom package for it and the 1911 officers acp.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know we talked about S&W Sigma's here: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22136&page=2&pp=15&highlight=sigma

The older Sigma's didn't get very good reviews.

However, there are newer models that are out that are supposed to be made much better:

http://firearms.smith-wesson.com/store/index.php3?cat=294660&item=1210881&sw_activeTab=2

Anyone have a chance to get their hands on the NEWER Sigma's?

I'm looking at the 4" barrel with 16 rounds for 9mm. For the $380 range, if this proves to be a good gun, how could one go wrong?
:idunno:

Paul

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently read a review that spoke very highly of the new Sigma. Personally I won't think about buying one until (if) they're proved to be a whole helluva lot better than the old ones (which wouldn't take much). If that turns out to be the case then it sounds like a good deal.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I'm waiting for Smith and Wesson to come out with a small lightweight five shot Scandium revolver (oh, about twelve ounces) that is chambered for the .500 Linebaugh.

I suspect when loaded its weight might double, and it might not sit very flat on the hip. I imagine the recoil might be a tad severe, as well. I'm concerned the fireball out of the muzzle might ignite anything within fifteen feet, as well.

But, hey...one has to take the good with the bad.

Regards,

Steve

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Personally, I'm waiting for Smith and Wesson to come out with a small lightweight five shot Scandium revolver (oh, about twelve ounces) that is chambered for the .500 Linebaugh...I imagine the recoil might be a tad severe, as well.
This man, ladies and gentlemen, just made the greatest understatement of our time. :D

T

TonyM.

'course you could always build a .300 weatherby mag zipgun.....Not!

Latest Discussions