Bring the most with the smallest...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is the best concealment pistol (most compact design) that holds the most rounds? The rounds need to have enough power to stop a human attacker (I know that this depends mostly on accuracy, but use your descretion and common sense here. No .22's).

I know opinions will vary here....but let's here them!

Paul

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Springfield 1911-A1 Ultra Compact 3.5 Inch Custom Loaded Pistol. Stainless Steel, 45 ACP with night sights.

Attachments

• $sauc9mm.JPG
    $sauc9mm.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 208

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice!

I know its a bit extreme...

But I used to carry a darringer.
Double Barreled.
The caliber was .410
for the most part...I only had to show it and people would stop dead in thier tracks!

I know thats not what you're looking for,I just wanted to throw it in...
icon10.gif

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's so much a matter of personal taste it's not funny. How many mm is the loss of one bullet worth? How many bullets is the loss of 1lb (or 1") worth?

I tend to think of the 9mm as about the minumum "manstopper" round, though in most compacts you only seem to sacrifice 1 round to step from 9mm to .40. I've chosen my Glock as a good combination, and am looking strongly at the Springfields, but don't really know who has the highest cap.

A

AnimEdge

Theres the new springfield 1911 defender thats a .45 GAP wouldnt mind getting that

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd have to give the "smallest with the mostest" prize to Para-Ordnance. They have one called the Warthog with a 3" barrel and a weight of 24 oz. that packs 10+1 in .45 acp. Or, you could go with the Hawg9 that's the same size & weight but holds 12+1 in 9mm. Kimber also makes guns of the same size/capacity. At least in .45

If, God forbid, you should stray from the true path of the 1911 :)D), There's always Glock. Also, one of the Taurus Millenniums holds 10+1 in .45 with a weight of 23 oz.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a G27 (.40mm) with a +1 mag extender to give me 11 (+1 in the chamber) rounds. Night sights. I like it. Straight shooter.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For largest capacity in smallest size I'd have to vote for the G19. Not much bigger than my XD subcompact and 15+1 rounds of 9mm +P. Probably the largest compact I'd feel comfortable carrying everyday. My XD hides a little better, but doesn't have the capacity. I'm thinking of getting a G38 which is the same size as the 19 (slightly wider slide) but in 45 GAP. (only holds 8+1 rounds though.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK; are we talking radical chops on service guns or true hide-out guns? There is a difference.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
OK; are we talking radical chops on service guns or true hide-out guns? There is a difference.

I was going by Tulisan's criteria

1. Holds the MOST rounds
Most guns people have listed have a big bang 45 or 40 but hold LESS rounds.

2. Round must have enough power to stop a human attacker
Again, many people said 45 or 40 but most "gun experts" would say that 9mm would be the minimal caliber for effectiveness.And with modern technology in bullet design, the 9 is fine.

3. Be able to conceal
Personal preference, what is concealable for one size person may not be for another.

If you go be that criteria, 15 rounds of 9mm fits Tulisan's formula better than 10 rounds of 45. 15 is more than 10 (#1) AND 9mm has enough power. I'm not saying 9mm is BETTER than 40 ot 45 or vice versa, just going by the formula.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used a colt officers model for civilian carry for years; hid fine, but NOT all the time. My department precludes both .45 and single action, so I am now limited there; but I am decently familar with chopped .45s. They are not all the time guns. You won't carry one running; you may leave it at home when going to the store, and you will likely not have it at the beach.
The answers above are good, but Paul has set awful wide criteria...hard to get a straight answer.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes..Is it the largest caliber in the smallest package, or the smallest gun thats "capable" of doing the job?

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Yes..Is it the largest caliber in the smallest package, or the smallest gun thats "capable" of doing the job?

What is the job?

If you're going jogging, you might not elect to carry a steel framed .40/.45 ...or even a polymer one. If you're anticipating a gun fight, how could you want anything less?

We start getting into the Mouse Gun versus the "pocket rockets" here. I have a Glock 27 and a KelTec P-32. I can think of times where I might carry the latter rather than the former...versus going unarmed at all. KelTec now has a .380 version that is roughly the same size of the P-32...an even better option.

Still, some won't go with anything that small...ever...at all. Even a .38 +P is anathema. Internet arguments over caliber and stopping power approach a level of intensity equal that of a religious debate.

I have to admit, however, that when holding that Kel-Tec, I feel rather impotent. I'd almost rather have a butcher knife.

Regards,

Steve

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Some folks like .25 ACP.... better these than nothing I guess,
Barely...:D

How to Use a .25:

Method 1:
a) Carry rounds in one pocket and the gun in the other

b) If faced with a violent encounter, throw loose rounds at the guy to distract him (they'll be flying almost as fast as they would be if you had shot them through the gun).

c) Hit the guy in the head, throat, temple, and other sensitive areas with the pistol.

d) Repeat "c" as neccessary until the guy goes down.

Method 2:
a) Carry the weapon (?) loaded.

b) if faced with a violent encounter close distance, stick the pistol up under the guys chin and pull trigger

c) Repeat "b" until he goes down or until the gun runs dry. If this happens, revert to step "c" from Method 1.

:D :D :D :D :D

Latest Discussions