Bob's revenge

jedtx88

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to extend an invitation to my fellow members to share their anecdotal misadventures with training equipment. I'll happily start.

A couple of years ago I had a standing Bob bag in my room with about 350 pounds of sand in the bottom. One day after watching Ong Bak I thought it would be a great idea to try a flying knee on it. Somewhere in between jump and contact I realized that there was nowhere for the bag to go but into the drywall. So I bailed sort of. My knee still made contact moving the bag in a lever like motion but I absorbed most of the force with my hands against the wall. I then landed only to find Bob's face springing back into mine. I still had to patch the drywall.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Have you seen "double ended bags",the head sized punching bags on an elastic cable that will spring back at you after you hit them? To really work your coordination and timing you can change to a tennisball on the cable. A friend and I got the bright idea of putting 3 tennisballs on one cable at different heights for multi-target drills. Well the first time he used it he punched the one at head level, and the one at groin level caught him on the rebound. Being cold and heartless, I laughed `til I cried.