Bluetooth stuff and cell phones

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have finally broken down and bought a pocket PC. It’s an HP 2700.

It comes equipped with both Integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to enable access to the Internet and email from corporate, home or Wi-Fi hotspots in airports, hotels and other public places allows cable-free connections to other devices with Bluetooth wireless technology. It has a fingerprint reader in addition to HP ProtectTools software secured by CREDANT Technologies. Pocket version of Microsoft® software is included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer) – Microsoft Windows MobileTM 2003 Second Edition software. 624 MHz and 256 MB total memory that includes 80 MB iPAQ File Store. Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b)

Anyway, I just got it hooked up to my cell phone (NOKIA) via Bluetooth and it rocks!!!

Sorry to say but Japanese cell phones are light years ahead of some of the stuff I see back in the US and other countries. The stuff I see in the US that is supposed to be the “latest” thing couldn’t be sold in Japan because it’s about 3~4 years behind what they have here.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't go anywhere without my PocketPC...and it isn't even connected to the Internet! I like having books and a notepad always with me, and find the calendar helpful at work.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
As I didn't want my PDA simply to be a minature Windows PC, I have a PalmOS PDA. Actually, I just bought a new one to replace the one that died at Thanksgiving -- a palmOne Zire 72 which serves as a PDA, MP3 player, and digital camera all in one. This has Bluetooth built-in and a Wi-Fi card is available for purchase (~$100). I can't do any wireless networking stuff right now as I don't have any Bluetooth devices or the Wi-Fi card. But if it looks like I need it in the future, or just want to have it, I may buy the Wi-Fi card. I tend to use my PDA more for entertainment than real work though and I'm normally at a computer anyway, so I'm not sure how much I'll need the wireless stuff. But I do see how it can be useful. I'm considering getting the Wi-Fi card later, when I have more money to spend. (Buying this PDA was something of an advance on the first paycheck from my new job; by the time the credit card bill comes, I'll have the money to pay it off.) The PDA goes with me pretty much everywhere. I find it very useful.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My cell phone has "video call" so I can actually see the person I am talking with, mp3 player, Real Player, 2.0 mega pixel still camera/video camera that takes up to an hour of video, Outlook compatible calendar so I can just down load it from my PC or pocket PC.

A memory card so I can store even more junk………that combined with my pocket pc kinda makes my home pc almost unneeded.

Latest Discussions