Blue Belt Test

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Little Blue Belt test Action from last night. Hope you enjoy!

Forms were sharp. A few technical issues with stance when the left leg is back and left leg kicks but all normal for the rank. I get that your school punches to the face and that changes sparring but her high kicks are not really high at all. A lot of kicks below the belt and to the mid-section but the higher kicks which were seldom head level had no power or were far away. The white belt had his way with her. If that is normal for your class, ok but not normal. If you practice this way I get it. Also, I strongly agree that head gear is a must. Breaking was solid.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Forms were sharp. A few technical issues with stance when the left leg is back and left leg kicks but all normal for the rank. I get that your school punches to the face and that changes sparring but her high kicks are not really high at all. A lot of kicks below the belt and to the mid-section but the higher kicks which were seldom head level had no power or were far away. The white belt had his way with her. If that is normal for your class, ok but not normal. If you practice this way I get it. Also, I strongly agree that head gear is a must. Breaking was solid.

Do you believe that belts are a determinant of skill or where they are in the curriculum?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you believe that belts are a determinant of skill or where they are in the curriculum?
Determinant? Definitely not. I would not be surprised to find the white belt has prior experience. Where they are in the curriculum, of course, else why have curriculum?

Latest Discussions