Black Belt test

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Congrats, brutha! :cheers:
I'm all like "congrats" cause I thought you tested already for some reason..:uhohh:

Sorry about that.

Anyway; in a lot of ways not feeling ready is a good sign, because that means that you see how much there still is to learn. And that is the sign of a deserving black belt. Black Belt may be a destination, but it is also the beginning of another fantastic journey. It is really a question of whether or not you are ready for that.

But if you are strong in your material, and your instructors objectively feel the same way, then perhaps you are ready.

But really, only you can decide.

Congrats for making it this far, and for whatever you do in the future! Just remember that whenever you decide to test, as with anything you do, give it your all, and it will all work out in the end... :cheers:

C.

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm excited and a bit nervus to say that i'm testing for my Black belt in Modern Arnis in December. A few of my fiends said that I was ready in March, but something told me to wait. After five years to study I'll stand before Sensi Jay Spiro and say "Look what I can do! Look what you taught me!"

Any advice or encouragement from my a steamed peers and colleges?

Just curious, but exactly when are you going to take this test?
You are ready when both your instructor and yourself feel that it is time, but putting this test off time and time again is not a good idea. Get in there, do it and do it well. Unless you can find some compelling reason why you should not go ahead with the test, just trust yourself and your instructor. Go ahead and do it.

Morgan

OP
Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just curious, but exactly when are you going to take this test?
You are ready when both your instructor and yourself feel that it is time, but putting this test off time and time again is not a good idea. Get in there, do it and do it well. Unless you can find some compelling reason why you should not go ahead with the test, just trust yourself and your instructor. Go ahead and do it.

Morgan

Thank you all for your encuragement and advice. It is greatly appreacated and will be taken to hart.

Morgan,
My test is December 15th, on a Saturday. At my home dojo... I know I worry to much.

Thank you all!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is your test still on schedule for the 15th?

Thanks

Morgan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for your encuragement and advice. It is greatly appreacated and will be taken to hart.

Morgan,
My test is December 15th, on a Saturday. At my home dojo... I know I worry to much.

Thank you all!

Darkmoon,

Did you have your test yesterday? Did you pass?
I'm looking forward to your response.

Morgan

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Morgan et al,

The test did occur yesterday. I will let the testee tell you all about it though.

Thanks

OP
Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am a Black Belt in Modern Arnis. Jay Spiro, Don Baker, and Rich Parsons where on the testing board. It was great. Rich asked me for an open type maneuver. I did it and still don't know how. I have yet to look at the video of my test. Now I can relax a bit and focus on loosing some weight and doing some strength training. Any advice? I'd love to hear some.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done, Darkmoon. Glad to hear that all went well :tup:.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am a Black Belt in Modern Arnis. Jay Spiro, Don Baker, and Rich Parsons where on the testing board. It was great. Rich asked me for an open type maneuver. I did it and still don't know how. I have yet to look at the video of my test. Now I can relax a bit and focus on loosing some weight and doing some strength training. Any advice? I'd love to hear some.

Chris,

The Technique was just something to make you think, and outside from what you have been practicing. Nothing wrong nothing right, just a part of my approach.

Congratulations.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!

Latest Discussions