Black Belt Test

OP
cali_tkdbruin

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by cassidy

I have a black belt in three styles and like a sucker I decided to go for my wtf black belt not knowing how unknowledgable my instructor was.He is a fifth degree in wtf and I have seen hsi students not even know almost any hand strikes at all.I got my black belt from him recently and that is the last he will see of me.He just has a blank look if I say kenpo,aikido,or shotokan karate he has no idea what I am talking about.I would advice anyone not to bother with wtf schools and there ridiculous contracts.Go itf if you are sold on tkd

Bad instructor, bad dojang = bad TKD practitioner.
Simple as that. WTF, ITF or garage afilliated dojang, doesn't matter.

I would never be so presumptuous to generalize about TKD, or any martial art for that matter. You're only as good as your master instructor :asian:

Thanks for letting me vent...

T

TKD50

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Our dojang is affiliated with the World Taekwondo Federation.

The test was hard!!!

First we had to do all of the Taekwondo poomse (forms/kata for the Karate people). We started with Kibon, white belt poomse all the way through Koryo (the Black Belt form). Then, later, one on one, the Sabumnim (our master Instructor,7th Dan-degree black belt) started shouting out poomse names, and we individually
had to step up and perform in front of all the other the masters
up on the board the poomse he, our master, ordered.

Then, after doing the one step sparring, combination hand techniques, and falling, tumbling and self defense and grappling techniques,we had to break 10 different boards using our Teakwondo foot and hand techniques. Included were all kinds of hand strikes (punches and knife hands, and who the "F" says we in Taekwondo don't use 'um?) and also of course our infamous kicks.

Finally, we had to do the push ups, 100+. And, since some of the other BB candidates didn't sound off, the Masters threw on an extra 50+ push ups.

All I know is my BB 1st dan (degree) test, 3+ American hours later,was hard.

NO BODY can say to my face that Taekwondo is a punk *** art.
If you train at the correct school, under the proper Master, it's NOT a punk *** art. Your are only as good as your Master instructor. :asian:

Taekwondoists are not people I want to antagnonize :karate:

Congrats. I tested for my 2nd degree last month. Our test was also 3 hours but yours definitely sounds harder. I had a total body cramp for three days.

Latest Discussions