BJJ vs Wing Chun (joke joke!)

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Skinters we can take Mr.Crusader with the Canoe like sword. I will use my Steel Dragon Pole and you use the double Da Dao Swords. You low and I attack high aiming for his adams apple with my steel Luk Boon Gwan

i talking about the holy defender with the questionable hairdo,the same guy you was going to and i quote use a Kwan Dao knife against this weapon. An stick to his sword and chop down his center line if possible. If I was strong enough I would try to invent a style using two Da Dao knives like short swords.

Pictures of the Da Dao

Steel Luk Dim Boon Gwun

bs10927

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Check it out on wikipedia...Type in Bart Cham Dao. It means something other than Butterfly swords...We call it that here in America. But thats not its term. Also another common english word would short swords. But the translation of Bart Cham Dao is niether of those...The definition of name reveal why I brought it up.

did anybody look up the definition of the Eight cut Broadsword?

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
all i can say is this thread got a bit heated,but its turned out a good laugh just what was needed.

how about using this as somewhere we can poke fun at each other haha

bs10927

Orange Belt
Reaction score
all i can say is this thread got a bit heated,but its turned out a good laugh just what was needed.

how about using this as somewhere we can poke fun at each other haha

alright....does anybody have a Kwan dao? lol

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I plan on invested in a combat steel one...It may take me two years to get it. But in the meantime I plan on learning the form using a broom. So when I do get a kwan dao I am ready to go with that. No defense against my weapon yes...

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Skinters we can take Mr.Crusader with the Canoe like sword. I will use my Steel Dragon Pole and you use the double Da Dao Swords. You low and I attack high aiming for his adams apple with my steel Luk Boon Gwan

Pictures of the Da Dao

Steel Luk Dim Boon Gwun

Is that steel long pole for real ?
Jeez man you wouldn't want to be practicing outdoors with that in a thunderstorm , it would turn you into one big **** lightning conductor.
Either that or once you finished training it can also be hooked up to your tv to double as a nifty satelite tv antenna.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't use that weapon in thunderstorm...but if it was thunder storm then the guy with big sword would also get struck possibly.

Is that steel long pole for real ?
Jeez man you wouldn't want to be practicing outdoors with that in a thunderstorm , it would turn you into one big **** lightning conductor.
Either that or once you finished training it can also be hooked up to your tv to double as a nifty satelite tv antenna.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score

my kickboxing coach has one & knows a couple forms for it. it's pretty awesome, to be honest. i'm not a kung fu guy at all but i've toyed with the idea of getting one & learning a form for it. i mean, it's a giant chopping blade at the end of a big stick. the possibilities in the event of a zombie invasion are awesome.

jf

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jarrod that sounds great...How do you think you would fair with a Kwan Dao against a knife fighter???

my kickboxing coach has one & knows a couple forms for it. it's pretty awesome, to be honest. i'm not a kung fu guy at all but i've toyed with the idea of getting one & learning a form for it. i mean, it's a giant chopping blade at the end of a big stick. the possibilities in the event of a zombie invasion are awesome.

jf

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
well yoshi, i think just as with all fighting it's about controlling the range; putting yourself in your most advantageous range, & putting your opponent in his least advantageous range. if i could manage that i guess i could do pretty well.

jf

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a great plan. You are so correct.

well yoshi, i think just as with all fighting it's about controlling the range; putting yourself in your most advantageous range, & putting your opponent in his least advantageous range. if i could manage that i guess i could do pretty well.

jf