BJJ GI's

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Got my order the other day, from MMA GEAR. They have excellent BJJ GI's at reasonable prices. They also carry fight shorts, t-shirts.
Bob :D

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Some of my training partners wear
Gold Weave. BJJ

A

Angus

Adidas Double Weave Competition, baby. White, Blue, or Reversible! :D

J

JDenz

(http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~m-aref/Joker/gi/#) There is a good site to check and see what gi's would suit your style HCK got a great rating as did gameness. I really like the Atama gi I have, I love the coller on it and the problem that the site says the gi has (line across the back that is supposed to be uncomfertable when in the guard) doesn't bother me one bit even after spending a whole practice on my back

A

Angus

Does anyone know if Atama makes different pant weights/thicknesses? I ordered one pair of white pants (by themselves) and a black gold weave kimono, and the pants for both are nowhere near the thickness I imagined they'd be. They're probably about half the weight of my Adidas pants (which I LOVE). I was hoping they'd be a little more similiar, especially since Atama's pants are supposed to be better.However, the Adidas is a double weave, so does anyone know if Atama sells heavier pants with their Double Weave kimono tops? They won't respond to me.

Either way, I still think Adidas makes the best Gi out there, Judo or Jiu-jitsu or Jujutsu. Their pants especially; they're perfect. I'd order one from them, but they don't make black! :mad:

Edit: I just read that none of their pants have full leg reinforcements like Adidas (etc) does, but does anyone know of any brands that make heavy fully reinforced pants in black? I can't find anything.

J

JDenz

I got a Atama Gi about 6 months ago and it has held up to two days a week practice with no problem. The whole Idea with the gold weave is to make the pants and top lighter you are not going to find pants lik ou want looking in gold weave products, stikc with double weaves if you want heavey feeling pants.

A

Angus

Yeah, I understand that, but I don't know if Atama makes heavier pants. All of their pants might be the same weight/thickness, so I was hoping to see if someone knew about that. I'm worried about the strength of the gold weave, etc, because I ordered it for that very reason, high strength and little weight. However, I like really heavy pants, so I was hoping it would also have pants at least a little heavier than the ones I received (of which I'm not worried about the strength, either). I ordered a single pair as well which are they same thickness as the ones that came with the gold weave, but they didn't mention being able to choose the between different weights, etc, when just ordering pants.

Do you happen to know any other brands that make black pants and offer pants only? Thanks. :)

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The collars are thicker, most of the BJJ gi's are tighter in the shoulders. My Krugans are made from one piece of material, with no seem in the back. Judo gi's usually have a seem in the back and also are lighter weight on the lower half of the gi.
Bob:)

I

Infight

The most used brazilian gi in Brazil are: Bad Boy (very good one, but too expensive), Krugans and Koral, these are the best

Latest Discussions