Biting?

C

Cobra

What is your views on biting in a street fight? I know many would say that being biten is very painful, and can tear flesh (especially if you have really pointed canine teeth!) . Infact, your jaw muscles are the most powerful muscles for sqeezing or holding. I think a punch or kick can generate loads more pressure. But for squezzing, it might be better to bite.

Some chokes are applied with pressing down your fingers on the windpipe. A bite would proably finish it faster or right away, but would you ever do it. Human beings in general would think it is filthy or dirty to bite anything other than your food, but it might be your best ticket in some situations to survive in a street brawl. So what do you think about biting in a street fight?

OP
S

steel elbow

i recon biting is one of the last resorts in a fight but you gotta veiw it like its either that or gettin the crap beat outa you
what would you choose?
me i dont think i'd think about the hyginic or not

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cobra said:
What is your views on biting in a street fight? I know many would say that being biten is very painful, and can tear flesh (especially if you have really pointed canine teeth!) . Infact, your jaw muscles are the most powerful muscles for sqeezing or holding. I think a punch or kick can generate loads more pressure. But for squezzing, it might be better to bite.

Some chokes are applied with pressing down your fingers on the windpipe. A bite would proably finish it faster or right away, but would you ever do it. Human beings in general would think it is filthy or dirty to bite anything other than your food, but it might be your best ticket in some situations to survive in a street brawl. So what do you think about biting in a street fight?

Aids man, Aids.

Live today, Die slowly tomorrow? No thanks... I think I would reserve biting for... the most extreme circumstances... if I did it at all. I certainly would not wanna break the skin/make em bleed with it...

Of course the same could be said of any blood contact, but in my case, I wouldnt want it in my mouth if I could avoid it...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cobra said:

I think its something thats best left for the most extreme situations. Paul Vunak has discussed this in length on his tape Kino Mutai. Covers a wide array of positions that the bite will work best in.

Mike

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
I think its something thats best left for the most extreme situations. Paul Vunak has discussed this in length on his tape Kino Mutai. Covers a wide array of positions that the bite will work best in.

Mike

If the situation get really desperate I would bite in a split second. No doubts in my head.

OP
B

Baytor

I agree. You have to weigh the known (threat of injury to self) vs. unknown (threat of possible disease). It might not be pleasant but if it's a choice between maybe catching something and getting killed for sure, I'll take my chances.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OULobo said:
If the situation get really desperate I would bite in a split second. No doubts in my head.

I agree, and I'd do the same thing if in that situation.

Mike

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good question, actually. I hadn't really thought about whether I would or wouldn't. I mean, I've never trained to bite, you know? I would hope that I wouldn't, for reasons mentioned above, particularly by Technopunk, but gee, if I was being choked out and couldn't shake it, well, you do what you need to. But I'd then probably go clean my mouth out with some 151 or Jack or bleach or something.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
I think that's a pretty good question, actually. I hadn't really thought about whether I would or wouldn't. I mean, I've never trained to bite, you know? I would hope that I wouldn't, for reasons mentioned above, particularly by Technopunk, but gee, if I was being choked out and couldn't shake it, well, you do what you need to. But I'd then probably go clean my mouth out with some 151 or Jack or bleach or something.

Ughhhhh. . . bleach might be a bad idea, but try some Everclear.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There used to be a deckhand on the ferry in my little town that had the top part of his ear bitten off in a fight, never got it reattached. My nephew, a twentysomething street fight addict had a guy in a front sleeper (not sure what its really called, arm under the back of the skull, bar it, shoulder for leverage in front) and the guy bit and tore on the eyebrow, he said there was blood everywhere, left a good scar. Thing is, blood and pain don't necessarily mean the end of a fight. Evander Holyfield was still ready to fight, and if someone bit me, all bets would be off. I'd assume we were in the kind of fight that doesn't end until one of us can't fight anymore, period

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, you're right, the bite is not a finishing move, for sure. But it could be useful in getting a choker to let go, or what have you. Still gross though.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I agree flatlander, and for chokes it may work. It got my nephew to loosen up out of the choke. The biter was the winner of the fight, if you could call a drunken streetfighting fool a winner, that is.

OP
C

Cobra

How would you bite correctly to increase force. I know a human's average bite force is around 200 PSI, but I've heard of some individuals that can get to over 900 PSI(world record I think was 935 pounds, which is almost as much as a lion or a tiger).

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have no problems biting someone if I had to. BUT, at the risk of exposing myself to BBP (blood borne pathogens), I would hold off unless it was a matter of life or death, or bite through clothing rather than bare flesh. Thirty years ago it wouldn't have been as big a deal, but 'tis a different world we live in.
Anyway, by the time you get access to Everclear or 151 or whatever, the pathogens would have already entered your system.

OP
T

TonyM.

In the age of AIDS, Hepatitis and Herpes, biting would never be an option for me.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The disease factor is great in this day and age, but if it is really coming down to you dieing I think or at least hope, most would go ahead and use the bite. We have covered this before at my school, and some of the best suggestions were to try and bite over clothing so it is not as much flesh to mouth, that can lessen the odds of contracting a sickness, biting quickly and releasing to another technique which may help lessen the chances. Still the chances are there, like it or not, but death is a pretty strong opponent, I think I would choose the bite and get out of there. Hopefully it will never come to that, but to rule it out in my opinion would be foolish especially if facing death.

Plus, I'm hep vaccinated from the hospital I worked at, so I can just bite away as much as I like!:rolleyes:

7sm

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was working as a bouncer I had a biting incident, and getting bit sukks! These two chicks were fighting--chick fights are the worst--and me and my buddy (a brown belt in Kempo) went to break them up. Well, Mikey got tea bagged; and while I was working on unraveling the hair from one girl's hand, she leaned over and bit my wrist. It was right on that little knuckle part and it hurt like a SOB. She held it for what seemed like forever, but realistically maybe 20-30 seconds. I tried to talk her off, warned her twice, and then fired knee into her rib cage and knocked the wind out of her. I had on a spandex body-suit with a sweat shirt over it and neoprene gloves; she still left an impression, top and bottom, of bruises on my wrist. I wasn't really worried, but then all of these people started telling me that the chick was a prostitute, and shot-up meth. One person told me she thought she was HIV +!!! I freaked, went to the doctor, who laughed at me swabbed me with an anti-bacterial wipe; He said, "you have to break the skin to get HIV," then my boobie-prize was a tetnis (sp?) shot and a $400 bill. Yes, another fun-filled night at the bar. LOL

AJ

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just want to know why you were wearing a spandex body-suit with a sweat shirt over it and neoprene gloves?

j/k I'm sure getting bit sucks, I hope I don't have to find out!

7sm

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
I just want to know why you were wearing a spandex body-suit with a sweat shirt over it and neoprene gloves?

j/k I'm sure getting bit sucks, I hope I don't have to find out!

7sm
Not spandex, like SCARY kind of spandex. It's one of those things football players use. It's to keep warm with. Winters get cold in northern california, although not as bad as some places. That said, I can definitely see how hard it would be to pass up making a crack with such an easy invitation. LOL:asian:

Latest Discussions