Status
Not open for further replies.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
why no picures?

why dispose of the body at sea?

i am not buying it

Already you are pulling out the nutter conspiracy stuff? Why can't you just admitt the prez did a good job in this matter? It doesn't mean you have to agree with him on anything else, but in this it is obvious he got the job done. Or perhaps it is that your political partisianship is more important to you than the truth?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh give me a break, Obama had nothing to do with this. He will use it to his advantage like any politician would, but this was our troops, and the men on the ground who did this. Its been a long time coming, I congratulate the troops...... the idiots like Obama, and Trump and any other politician who claims they are responsible can go piss off.
Now to start picking off the next in line, and the upcoming replacements, and continue to eliminate any future jackholes like this running around.

Come on now, Obama gets blamed for all bad stuff that happened on his watch. He should get credit for the good stuff. I'm not his biggest fan, but he deserves a "well done" on this.

I especially appreciate his including Bush. He got my vote because he promised to knock the partisan ******** off -- and for the most part hasn't delivered. Reaching out to Bush took some stones in the current atmosphere. It was the right thing to do, and he did it.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, you're right Bruno.

But sometimes....you just wish you could punish someone a little bit more.

Like taking him alive, and running the pipes through that glass box....

Oh come on you fan kind of of Vlad the Impaler...surely you of all people could think of something slightly more clever than this :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Osama bin Laden is dead until Obama releases his long form death certificate.
:rolleyes: :lfao:

Well it could be fake…like the moon landing, Elvis’ death and the whole round earth thing :D

Sorry I could not resist, I apologize to those I may have offended

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have NO basis whatsoever that any of the intelligence was gathered from gitmo prisoners. In fact I highly doubt it, since the majority of them have been there for years, and Osama was only discovered recently.

Then again, why let facts or rational thinking get in the way of a good patriotic post eh?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/02reconstruct-capture-osama-bin-laden.html

Detainees at the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, had given the courier’s pseudonym to American interrogators and said that the man was a protégé of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the confessed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

American intelligence officials said Sunday night that they finally learned the courier’s real name four years ago, but that it took another two years for them to learn the general region where he operated.

But don't worry, I'm sure that this information wasn't extracted through torture. Because everybody knows it's absolutely, positively, 100% unpossible that torture can work, ever. Not even once.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear about this until this mornings news. I have to say that for a few minutes, I thought I was hearing things. But nonetheless, I'm glad that he's dead. The man has no decent bone in his body, and while this will not end terrorism, this IMO, dealt a huge blow to his terror group. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before someone fills his shoes, but again, its still a huge blow, regardless.

Watching a interview on CNN today, one of the reporters asked if actual photos of his body will be made public. While the question wasnt, IMO, answered directly, I got the impression that at some point photos will be made public.

So, that being said, I say good job to the President, the Military and anyone else who played a part in this.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They told me that if I voted for McCain, we'd get a continuation of Bush's wartime policies. AND THEY WERE RIGHT!

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, Obama kept gitmo open, has increased troops in Afghanistan, sent this raid into Pakistan, has increased drone strikes and has gone back to military tribunals, everything he originally said he wouldn't do. He has also kept most if not all of the bush anti-terrorism measures, the exact ones he kept and the ones he may have stopped you will have to ask someone else, I just know that he kept some of the important ones.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From ABC on how they got the intel.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13512344

In a secret CIA prison in Eastern Europe years ago, al-Qaida's No. 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, gave authorities the nicknames of several of bin Laden's couriers, four former U.S. intelligence officials said. Those names were among thousands of leads the CIA was pursuing.

*****The revelation that intelligence gleaned from the CIA's so-called black sites helped kill bin Laden was seen as vindication for many intelligence officials who have been repeatedly investigated and criticized for their involvement in a program that involved the harshest interrogation methods in U.S. history.

"We got beat up for it, but those efforts led to this great day," said Marty Martin, a retired CIA officer who for years led the hunt for bin Laden.*****

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, Obama kept gitmo open, has increased troops in Afghanistan, sent this raid into Pakistan, has increased drone strikes and has gone back to military tribunals, everything he originally said he wouldn't do. He has also kept most if not all of the bush anti-terrorism measures, the exact ones he kept and the ones he may have stopped you will have to ask someone else, I just know that he kept some of the important ones.

Obama campaigned on doing exactly those things. In fact, McCain made a special point of criticizing Obama as irresponsible for saying he would strike at bin Laden in Pakistan whether or not the Pakistanis allowed it.

Truly, people have short memories.

True enough about gitmo and tribunals though, all excuses aside.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's why I didn't vote for McCain, I voted for Sarah Palin, I will say no more today about this aspect of the situation, in honor of the killing of that monster. Once again, great job by the good guys. Nice shooting.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

In a secret CIA prison in Eastern Europe years ago, al-Qaida's No. 3 leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, gave authorities the nicknames of several of bin Laden's couriers, four former U.S. intelligence officials said. Those names were among thousands of leads the CIA was pursuing.

*****The revelation that intelligence gleaned from the CIA's so-called black sites helped kill bin Laden was seen as vindication for many intelligence officials who have been repeatedly investigated and criticized for their involvement in a program that involved the harshest interrogation methods in U.S. history.

"We got beat up for it, but those efforts led to this great day," said Marty Martin, a retired CIA officer who for years led the hunt for bin Laden.*****
I still don't understand Don's post. Is he saying that voting for McCain helped get Obama elected... so that Bush's wartime policies would continue? That's pretty convoluted. I'll admit, I'm ashamed to say I don't understand... I hate reading bumper stickers and not getting the joke.

Help me out, Don.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the New York Times piece tagged by Corkyks:

Detainees at the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, had given the courier’s pseudonym to American interrogators and said that the man was a protégé of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the confessed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So GITMO, Bush's prison, and Bush's interrogation techniques got us the intel that allowed us to kill OBL

thanks President Bush!!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at here. Could you explain?
You know, fierce, moral urgency for change and all...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An old Intelligence Officers trick is to pick up info from different sources and then let it be known that it came from a particular terrorist you were holding. It was especially amusing when you had to let said terrorist go or put them in general population in prison.
Good intelligence gathering done by humans will always be better than any form of torture, blackmail, putting them under pressure as to families safety etc and bribery will also work better than torture. Torture has been used at various times in British history usually to little avail, people tortured in the Tower of London would confess to anything the torturers wanted and the things they did made water boearding look like a mild pastime. Sophisticated and psychological interrogation techniques are also more useful than kicking someone in the balls a few times however satisfied that makes the person doing the kicking feel.

I'm sure a great many more people now understand why we hunt down Nazi war criminals, would people agreed that Osama should have been allowed to go free if it had taken more years to capture/kill him and he was an old man? People who commit horrendous crimes against humanity should know that they will be hunted down for the rest of their lives if necessary.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To all and sundry, I am taking a day to not fight over torture, and Obama vs. Bush, not withstanding the short bursts in previous posts. A full defense and argument over those things will be embraced by me tomorrow. It is a day for happy thoughts about the death of a monster. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions