best martial system of tai chi

Selfcritical

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Actually I do not believe he comes from the Yang Taiji lineage at all. Per his web page he learned Chen. He just happens to have the family name of Yang much like Yang Jwing Ming who claims no Yang family Lineage only Yang Lineage to Yang Banhou via his teacher Cao Tao (I believe that was his taiji teachers name)

As for this Yang Fukai I do not believe he has any link to Yang style Taiji from the Yang Family.

He indicated otherwise in the interview posted above. Do we have reason to believe he's lying?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He indicated otherwise in the interview posted above. Do we have reason to believe he's lying?

Lying no, I wouldn’t call it lying just yet, but I currently believe it is fuzzy truth.

there is reason to doubt his claim

And sorry, but you are correct he is claiming relation to the Yang family via his grandfather Yang Xiao Hou who I assume is Yang Shaohou. So if he is the grandson of Yang Shaohou he is the son of whom?

Yang Shaohou (Yang Zhao Xiong) had two sons Yang Zhensheng and Yang Wen Zhong, whom Yang Fukui of the article never mentions. Also Yang Fukui is not listed on the Yang family site or in the Yang family tree. But then this is not exactly proof of his lineage not being from the Yang family, they just recently added the Yang Shaohou line to the page.

The only other possibility for his Grandfather is Yang Zhao Yuan who died young and had one daughter Yang Cong.

The only children listed for Yang Zhen Sheng (the son of Yang Shaohou) are Yang Yu Pin, Yang Wen Zhong (Jin Pin) who died in 1989, and Yang Wen Bin (Pin Er). Which one is Yang Fukui?

He (Yang Fukui) also claims to have done push hands with his grandfather who I am assuming is Yang Shaohou who died in 1930 so to have done push hands with his grandfather Fukui would now have to be almost 80 years old or older. How old is Yang Fukui?

But then he could be talking about his other grandfather which then says he did not train with the Yang family. Also, historically members of Taiji families that are trained by those families do not train other arts. It appears Yang Fukui has trained other arts.

Is this the same Yang Fukui that you are talking about?
http://www.xinyiwuguan.com/main.html
http://www.wutehtaiji.com/martial.html

Also as far as I know all of Yang Shaohou family is in Hong Kong and Yang Fukui never mentions Hong Kong.

But I am willing to check into this further, maybe his claim is legitimate, but at this point I have my doubts but I will check and get back to you

EDIT:

One more question; Who was Yang Fukui's teacher for Yang stlye? He never actually says who he learned it from.

EDIT: Sorry, one more thing

You have twice now written the name yang funaki, is this the Yang Fukui of the posted article?

Last edited by a moderator:

Selfcritical

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Lying no, I wouldn’t call it lying just yet, but I currently believe it is fuzzy truth.

there is reason to doubt his claim

And sorry, but you are correct he is claiming relation to the Yang family via his grandfather Yang Xiao Hou who I assume is Yang Shaohou. So if he is the grandson of Yang Shaohou he is the son of whom?

Yang Shaohou (Yang Zhao Xiong) had two sons Yang Zhensheng and Yang Wen Zhong, whom Yang Fukui of the article never mentions. Also Yang Fukui is not listed on the Yang family site or in the Yang family tree. But then this is not exactly proof of his lineage not being from the Yang family, they just recently added the Yang Shaohou line to the page.

The only other possibility for his Grandfather is Yang Zhao Yuan who died young and had one daughter Yang Cong.

The only children listed for Yang Zhen Sheng (the son of Yang Shaohou) are Yang Yu Pin, Yang Wen Zhong (Jin Pin) who died in 1989, and Yang Wen Bin (Pin Er). Which one is Yang Fukui?

He (Yang Fukui) also claims to have done push hands with his grandfather who I am assuming is Yang Shaohou who died in 1930 so to have done push hands with his grandfather Fukui would now have to be almost 80 years old or older. How old is Yang Fukui?

But then he could be talking about his other grandfather which then says he did not train with the Yang family. Also, historically members of Taiji families that are trained by those families do not train other arts. It appears Yang Fukui has trained other arts.

Is this the same Yang Fukui that you are talking about?
http://www.xinyiwuguan.com/main.html
http://www.wutehtaiji.com/martial.html

Also as far as I know all of Yang Shaohou family is in Hong Kong and Yang Fukui never mentions Hong Kong.

But I am willing to check into this further, maybe his claim is legitimate, but at this point I have my doubts but I will check and get back to you

EDIT:

One more question; Who was Yang Fukui's teacher for Yang stlye? He never actually says who he learned it from.

EDIT: Sorry, one more thing

You have twice now written the name yang funaki, is this the Yang Fukui of the posted article?

I'm typo-prone. Let me see if I can find contact information for the writer of the article, and we can perhaps get to the bottom of that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm typo-prone. Let me see if I can find contact information for the writer of the article, and we can perhaps get to the bottom of that?

Thank You but I have found the answer already

Per Yang Zhendou

Yang Zhenduo announced that he and other family members had thoroughly investigated this latter-day Yang Fukui and determined that the person depicted in recent magazine articles is not descended from Yang Zhenduo's uncle Yang Shaohou, indeed not related to them at all. Yang Zhenduo criticized the deception practiced by Yang Fukui, saying it contravened martial arts morality.

Yang Fukui
http://www.yangfamilytaichi.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000015.html

Latest Discussions