Best "Macho Movie"?

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by ydma1796
"Classic" Macho Movie's
If you can exchange a car for a chariot Russell Crow in "Gladiator" wasn't to bad either.

Just my 2 cents
Kevin

Yeah, I forgot about that Russell Crowe flick, I think it counts, Good call.

Just my 50 Cent... :D

And, BTW, I ain't no Wanksta---> :rofl:

OP
Y

ydma1796

Originally posted by Jill666
I can't agree with the Highlander- Russell Mulcahy being so obviously in love with Lambert made the camera work a bit too...hmm... well there's just a bit too much sexual tension going on and it translates to the film.

:eek: God please let this not be true.... if it is you've just totaled this film for me, even if Kurgan is the coolest villian. Now I have to go back and watch it and see.

crossing my fingers
Kevin

warder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
definetly commando. it has everything, kidnapping, nameless enemies. big guns, and bigger explosions. lots of corny lines.

OP
Y

ydma1796

"The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage

Kevin

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Clancy Brown does make a awesome villain. He was great in Shoot To Kill where he played a psychotic jewel thief chased by a FBI agent and a survivalist. I would qualify this movie as a 'macho man' film as well :)

OP
J

Jill666

Nicholas Cage actually gets to do a few of the macho movies- both The Rock and Con Air had a lot of the aforementioned tendencies.

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Lets not forget Apocalypse Now...........

Chicago Green
Dragon :asian:

OP
K

Kroy

Reservoir Dogs:sig:
Pulp Fiction:2pistols:
Platoon:tank:

OP
Y

ydma1796

Vin Diesel.......... XXX... need I say more, IMHO anyway lol

OP
J

jules

How about T2 or predator! Arnie rules the macho scene!! Eraser?!!:D

OP
M

MartialArtist

Showdown in Little Tokyo

- The guy who plays Ivan Drago in Rocky IV is the badass dude who never gets hit. Brandon Lee is in it, but he apparently has a much smaller role than Ivan Drago.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Another thing...

The hero will usually have some huge gun that plays little practical role in real life or a real-life gun that never runs out of ammo, or a gun that defies its operation (cocking the hammer on a 1911 as if it was a DA/SA pistol) :confused:

OP
S

stacks

just about anything with Jeff Speakman or Jean-Claude Van Damme. not much dialogue but alot of fancy foot work and hand strikes. The Perfect Weapon is my favorite

stacks :samurai:

OP
L

lost_tortoise

Yea...Perfect Weapon's great. What about all the "B" movies?!? Can you say Cynthia Rothrock? Kickboxer? Must I go on? Showdown in Little Tokyo....one of my favorites, if only because I met Brandon Lee years ago and thought he was very cool.
What about John Wayne? To be honest, I have never been able to sit through one of his movies, but I hear he's a real man's man.

OP
A

Andi

You lot disgust me!

This is the third page of this thread and no mention of any James Bond move?????? I'm disappointed.

Bond is the epitome of macho.

Superhard, quality cars, all the ladies he wants, and 20 films or whatever it is! I wonder what the total body count is over the 20 films! I reckon....it's in the 800s. Not bad for one Brit with a PPK.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Andi
You lot disgust me!

This is the third page of this thread and no mention of any James Bond move?????? I'm disappointed.

Bond is the epitome of macho.

Superhard, quality cars, all the ladies he wants, and 20 films or whatever it is! I wonder what the total body count is over the 20 films! I reckon....it's in the 800s. Not bad for one Brit with a PPK.

lol.....Now this guy is what being British is all about! Keep holding it up! :D

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I vote for Jackass, the Movie! That flick is so, so disgustingly funny. Anybody who tries those stunts, or does those things to their bodies has to be macho man (or a masochist)... :D :rofl: :rofl:

Latest Discussions