Best "Macho Movie"?

M

MovieBud

What is the best macho movie ever made? To be considered a "macho movie", it must contain most of these characteristics:

* The villain has no redeeming qualities.
* Things will be blown up.
* Guns will be fired and meaningless characters will be killed.
* The main character won't say much but he will say some catchy things.
* A woman or child will be kidnapped.
* There will be hand-to-hand combat to prove who is really the toughest.
* Someone will have a very cool vehicle.

OP
R

RobP

Payback - either Lee Marvin or Mel Gibson

The Good the Bad the Ugly, or either of the other 2 in the series

Or how about the two bad guys in Fargo?

OP
J

Jill666

Definitely Payback! Fulfills each and every requirement. It's also very satisfying somehow to see Mel being a complete sociopath.

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by MovieBud
There will be hand-to-hand combat to prove who is really the toughest.

This is the only criteria of yours that I don't agree with. Just because a person is a good fighter does'nt make him 'macho'. Here is my list;

Payback (Mel Gibson)
One Good Cop (Mcheal Keaton)
The Die Hard trilogy (Bruce Willis)
Desperado (Antonio Banderas)

Payback was a great movie. Tranfer Gibson's attitutude in that into a Marvel Punisher movie and it would be awesome :)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The following should be included as Macho movies:

1. The original Lethal Weapon with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover
2. Lethal Weapon 4 which added Jet Li and Chris Rock... :mst:

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by D_Brady
The last boy scout, Guns everything getting blown up , good guys, bad guys and football.

Being one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies, how could I forget to put that one in my list?

"Touch me again and I'll kill ya" POW!!!

OP
J

Jester

How can there not be an Arnie film in this yet, he's the king of said category.

How about Commando, The Running Man or Raw Deal.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
How can there not be an Arnie film in this yet, he's the king of said category.

How about Commando, The Running Man or Raw Deal.
Triple X:redeme:
Think Play Station

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Romeo must die, The villian in that movie was Russel Wong he was in a short series called Vanashing son. He was the hero in that one and had some of the best fight scenes I have ever seen for a made for tv. I taped and still watch it now and then.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Romeo must die, The villian in that movie was Russel Wong he was in a short series called Vanashing son. He was the hero in that one and had some of the best fight scenes I have ever seen for a made for tv. I taped and still watch it now and then.

Thanks, I couldn't think of his name... :asian:

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

He'll be on another series starting this Sunday, if I recall correctly, called Black Sash. It seems like a Dangerous Minds/Kung Fu/Dawson Creek type hybrid to me. I'll watch the first few episodes but I don't have high hopes for it.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpo Wolf
He'll be on another series starting this Sunday, if I recall correctly, called Black Sash. It seems like a Dangerous Minds/Kung Fu/Dawson Creek type hybrid to me. I'll watch the first few episodes but I don't have high hopes for it.

Yeah, I'm there for the first few episodes too even though I've heard some stories that it's a pretty cheesy show. Anyway, I'll go ahead and check out a few of the shows and see how it measures up... :shrug:

OP
Y

ydma1796

"Classic" Macho Movie's

Mel Gibson in "The Road Warrior"

Christopher Lambert in the original "Highlander" IMHO Clancy "Kurgan" Brown plays the best villian in it.

If you can exchange a car for a chariot Russell Crow in "Gladiator" wasn't to bad either.

Just my 2 cents
Kevin

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by ydma1796

Christopher Lambert in the original "Highlander" IMHO Clancy "Kurgan" Brown plays the best villian in it.

Kevin [/B]

I can't agree with the Highlander- Russell Mulcahy being so obviously in love with Lambert made the camera work a bit too...hmm... well there's just a bit too much sexual tension going on and it translates to the film. While the movie is fun- cult classic even- and I enjoy the sword scenes, it's really not at all macho.

Clancy Brown sure do make a nice villain tho- especially in The Shawshank Redemption.

Just my opinion dude. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions