Began training in Commando Krav Maga

jurat13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Today I commenced my training in Commando Krav Maga (CKM). My training lasted about 2-2.5 hours, and was via private instruction. I felt it was pretty intense. Today's training was primarily defending against choke scenarios, and applying various presure points.

Although we didn't do any cardio as part of the training, etc., I still felt that the training was strenuous, as we dived right into the techniques, and repeated them often.

I definitely enjoyed the training. Over the past few months I visited a variety of schools/styles. I believe that I have found a good fit for me in CKM. I felt that CKM doesn't ask you to apologize for defending yourself to the fullest, when fighting is unavoidable.

My instructor is very busy, so I will probably only be able to train in CKM once a week. As a result, I may supplement the training with some boxing. My instructor doesn't have a problem with that.

Well that's all for now, I just wanted to offer up my experiences, etc.

Best regards,

Walter Boyd

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Walter congratulations and I am sure you will enjoy your Krav Maga training.
icon6.gif

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! Glad that you're enjoying the classes!:ultracool In my opinion, that is one of the most important aspects of training...to make sure that you're enjoying what you're doing. :)

Mike