Beethoven Baseball

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last summer, the local orchestra decided to play Beethoven's 9th symphony at an outdoor concert. It being quite hot, the players worked up quite a sweat until the organizer of the event brought them some rather large portable fans.

The draft from the fans caused the sheet music to blow all over the place, so the musicians had to tie them down to the music stands.

The din from the fans was so bad that the bassists decided it didn't matter if they downed a few drinks and and got drunk. They reasoned nobody would hear the decline in the quality of the music from their section. Tippling furtively from a passed hip flask, they partied as best they could.

Two of the bassists got so drunk that they passed out.

One of the violinists, in disgust, decided to go home but slipped and fell on an oil patch on the driveway of his house.

Thus, it was the bottom of the 9th, the bassists were loaded, the score was tied with two men out, and the fans were roaring wild when one of the players slid home.

Regards,

Steve

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My husband appreciated that, I think. I was reading it when he said he had to load up the bass (acoustic) into the car for the taping tomorrow. He plays in a local jazz band. His comment, oh good grief. Never mind him, it was very funny. TW

Latest Discussions