Bee's Polen...

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone take Bee's Polen? I take it daily the stuff gives me energy and helpes me focus. My spring alergies haven't been as bad as they have in the past either.
Have you ever had any adverse effects because of it?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone take Bee's Polen? I take it daily the stuff gives me energy and helpes me focus. My spring alergies haven't been as bad as they have in the past either.
Have you ever had any adverse effects because of it?

There aren't any known issues with taking it long term. The beneficial effects are largely due to bee pollen being a natural source of the Bee Vitamins...I mean the B vitamins. :lol:

Peronally I do get adverse effects (nausea, dizziness) and can't tolerate bee pollen or royal jelly...but I'm also mildly allergic to bee stings. The folks like you that aren't allergic or sensitive can do fine on taking bee pollen long term. :)

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A few things.

Pollen can be divided into two categories; those carried by air currents and those Dependant upon animals, usually insects, to carry them. They have completely different designs because of their different needs. The wind born pollens are very light so that the wind can pick them up. Animal born pollens are usually relatively heavy since they are designed to stick to animals and thus have some kind of sticky component to them. Allergies are usually caused by the wind born variety of pollen. Honeybees collect the heavier animal born pollens. Thus, I'm not sure how bee pollen could improve your allergies.

Next, honeybees in North America are suffering under a plague of mites. These mites are lethal if not treated with miticides. These miticides need to be applied to the brood chamber where most of the pollen is stored. Personally, I would only trust pollen, and even honey for that matter, that comes from a known source who I am sure is meticulous in their application of miticides. It's just too easy to get some contamination into the food product.

OP
RED

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I didn't make it clear that I was talking about bee polen as a dietary supplement in vitamin form. Sorry.

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I need to withdraw my concern about miticides and bee pollen. After further consideration I remembered that be pollen is collected by using a screening technique at the hive entrance which strips the bees of the pollen they are bringing into the hive. This means that the pollen collected for human consumption never enters the hive and thus avoids contamination. Sorry for the previous misleading post.

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
Red what is your avatar first it is just odd looking, looks like a Guinea Pig wearing something.

Bee pollen not a cure all for allergies.
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/bee.html

Types of Pollen can be used to stop bleeding or to help circulation not an allergy thing so maybe something else you are doing is helping. pu huang english:cattail pollen - stops bleeding. I think that might be what Shuto is saying.

If you are wanting to know how i came about my information i constantly study the materia medica written by Dan Bensky & Andrew Gamble.

OP
RED

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My Avistar is our Green Iguana looking at the camera. She (Kyoko) is 6yrs and about 5' long.
Thanks for the link. Maybe it is something else that has reduced my alergie symtoms.

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yea, that is what i should have been able to see but in my mind i could not create the image when i looked each time. The Iguana nice very gentle pets at least the ones i have meet are.

I am not saying it could not have any effect on the allergy just some thing might be more effect like if you drink Chrysanthemum tea or something.

Also, not saying do or don't take be pollen.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Regarding bee polen, I take it on a regular basis and have used it for years. Never had any adverse effect from it. I find it great for energy and overall health.

David

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
I tried bee pollen I had a bad experience with them so I'll never take them again. My allergies got worse, all of a sudden I was extremely allergic to coconut oil. Before I wasn't allergic to coconut oil at all.

Latest Discussions