Bearded Dragons are funny

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here watching our little dragon race around the house, bonking off walls, changing direction, climbing up, jumping down. She's on a mission and it's funny as hell. Keeps scaring the cat too. :D

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Is she still going after the photographic equipment?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure the person watching a mythological beast isn't what's scaring the cat?

(I know; lizard, not one of these)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol. no, this time she's running full tilt into walls, then trying to climb -everything-. it's funny.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I miss Galileo, my old dragon. Hand fed and raised him from a hatchling. Metabolic bone disease got him, at about 8 years old.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
fluffy1.jpg

Fluffy. Lizard on the go.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They are pretty fun, we have two and the female is getting ready to lay eggs here soon... I am curious how many new dragons we will have here shortly.

btw our dragons eat crickets and superworms, and a huge variety of fruits and veggies with quite a few greens thrown in, regularly supplemented with vitamins and calcium. The crickets suck to deal with, I would love to cut them out completely but its still a favorite for my male.. he is eating about 30-40 a day and she goes through a little less.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They might bite, though ours hasn't in the year we've had her. She's pretty docile. Likes to curl up on my wifes lap or chest n nap. Food wise, crickets, superworms and a vegi mix seem the usual here, though she seems to like sweet potatoes (plain, no butter, etc), and zucchini (steamed, plain). Some leafy veggies are also suggested, but not iceberg lettuce as that's nutritionally empty. She mostly sites in her tank basking under the heat lamp. We spritz her a few times daily, and she gets a bath every couple days to moisturize.

The important things are enough and proper light, enough room to move, proper liner, and proper feeding. Best bet for indepth info is drop my wife a note (she's on here occasionally as Miyu) for more info.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to go out in the bush catching them with my mates when I was a young fella.

They are native to Australia , we also used to catch a lot of Blue Tongue lizards too , they are quite placid as well but with a blue tongue , thicker body and smoother skin.

I used to leave the Frill Neck Lizards alone , they scared the crap out of me.
They are not all that big but they make themselves look bigger by puffing out the frills on their neck.

They are also pretty aggressive and will get up on their hind legs and charge at you running upright like a human , I had one of them chase me for about 60 or 70 metres along a bush track once.

Where I live now I see a lot of Eastern Water Dragons , they're a lot bigger lizard about a metre long.

When I walk the dog along the creek you can see them basking in the sun on the rocks and then hear them diving into the water , beautiful looking creatures that probably haven't changed in a millennia.

The irony is that in the country where these animals are native it is illegal to keep them as a pet , we have to have a special licence and the lizards are not sold in pet stores , nor are you allowed to take them from the wild.

But if you go to Japan or America you can buy them in pet shops , and over here its like every second week they're catching some Japanese bloke at our airports trying to smuggle out our lizards , snakes , or birds down their pants so they can sell them back in Japan.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Attachments

• $IMG_3169.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 97

Miyu

White Belt
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mentioning my hairless cat again, huh? Im exhausted trying to keep up with her...I hear her ZOOM O.O