Beach Shoot - NY

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NYS is closing this beach in a few days as part of their budget game playing. I'm sad because it's one of the best places near me to shoot so many different things. A lot of my posts been shot here, so today was biter sweet. :(

Here's 3 shots from today.

Attachments

• $web_6905.jpg
    $web_6905.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 198
  • $web_6920.jpg
    $web_6920.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 203
  • $web_6951.jpg
    $web_6951.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 211

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the beach is closing :(

Very nice shots. She is Anatomy, yes? The two of you work very well together! :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's a sweet gal. :) Realized last night that all of my beach shots were shot there. A bit, depressing. Considering the States also looking to close Evangola, I'm hard pressed to think of any state park within an hour of me that'll still be available. There are a couple of county parks that are accessible, but a longer haul.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely love the first one. Her hair being the same color as the suit only adds to the pic
Nice job
If her eyes where open in the 2nd one I would have liked it better

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are they closing as in "not maintaining and no lifeguards" or closing as in "putting up fences and prosecuting for trespass anyone found on the beach"? Because one means you can still go in and take pictures, just may need some more planning and a longer walk... The other? Not so much!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/15/1051004/selected-state-parks-to-close.html

That is scheduled to come to an end Monday, when parks officials will ensure people do not use the affected facilities. Gates will be locked, and park police will kick out anyone found using the shuttered parks, Larrabee said.
Parks officials will make sure parks on the closing list are shuttered to help protect infrastructure, from playground equipment to restroom facilities, as well as to protect public safety, Larrabee said.

Read the whole article, see how FUBAR NYS is at the gov. level. Can't let the local communities pitch in, nope, gotta use it as a pawn in getting a porkpack passed. I know photogs who'll risk the closures, but I'm not one of em.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My parents and I lived near Knox Farm :(

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep; that's definitely the second type of being closed. I wouldn't encourage you to hop the gates...

Dumb.

Latest Discussions