Battle of the martial arts YouTubers, episode 2

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those who won probably know what a RNC feels like. They probably have a good sense of what it feels like before it sets in. Those who don't know what it feels like probably didn't know what was going on until it set in.
The ones who failed it have definitely felt an RNC in the past. I can't see any of them getting in MMA fights and not having an RNC on them in the past-and I've seen videos of at least one of them where they are put in an RNC in the video.

But by that point they are tired. They've essentially just gone through 3 rounds in a row, with their senses heightened before each round and some anxiety. They're not going to react immediately, and likely weren't expecting it after getting pushed/shoved to start the earlier rounds. Some people take longer to react, and that's why practicing no-minds is useful rather than just practicing 'normally' all the time.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A side note, from a scoring perspective, I disagree with them not giving Ramsey a do-over after the second round. They (I assume) provided the headgear, and then the person swung the headgear around on him while he still had his eyes closed/was waiting for it to start. Then he went along with it anyway, and they chose to stop it because the headgear was swung around. Nothing he did, or had the opportunity to prevent.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But by that point they are tired. They've essentially just gone through 3 rounds in a row, with their senses heightened before each round and some anxiety. They're not going to react immediately, and likely weren't expecting it after getting pushed/shoved to start the earlier rounds.
ahhhh. I forgot that some of them were exhausted.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A side note, from a scoring perspective, I disagree with them not giving Ramsey a do-over after the second round. They (I assume) provided the headgear, and then the person swung the headgear around on him while he still had his eyes closed/was waiting for it to start. Then he went along with it anyway, and they chose to stop it because the headgear was swung around. Nothing he did, or had the opportunity to prevent.

If it is street. There are no do overs.

If you wanted to be realistic that is a factor.

Latest Discussions