Balls to the Wall

Techie Anorak Trivia: 'Bullet Time' was invented by the BBC for wildlife photography

Sorry, but, I love this track. It shows another side of Udo that's cool. I love his glass gargling vocals, but this one, this is raw emotion that takes me back to some of their earlier work, while reminding me of his anti-war piece, "They Want War".

It shocked the hell out of me when I heard it though.

And, Metal Heart is just fraking awesome. :D

And yet Dokken and Warlock are forgotten - I'll never understand the quantum tides of music :(.

Dokken, outside a few tracks, ehhh.....

Warlock on the other hand.....I used to date a gal who could have been Doro's twin..... :D

Dokken, outside a few tracks, ehhh.....

Go fetch your sword, Bob. We'll settle this like gentlemen :lol:.

Warlock on the other hand.....I used to date a gal who could have been Doro's twin..... :D

Definitely fetch your sword :D. Then again, I came close to marrying a lass who looked like Beverley Craven, so I guess that balances out :).

And yet Dokken and Warlock are forgotten - I'll never understand the quantum tides of music :(.

Who forgot Dokken? I love Dokken, I've seen every version of that band, even when they had Alex DeRossi on guitar for one tour or John Norum for a year.

As for Warlock, Doro was hot. I see her once in a while around town when she goes to shows (she lives across the river in NJ). Last time I saw her perform was opening for Yngwie Malmsteen.

I remember Dokken but as they got more into the mainstream and started listening to the record execs they changed to make it a bit more poppy. Early Dokken
icon14.gif
later Dokken
icon13.gif

tooth & nail was also awesome.

still haven't mastered this embedding thing.

jf

Last edited by a moderator:
man it used to be cool to be able to play your instrument well, i miss those days.

jf

i'll see your dokken & raise you iron maiden, the trooper.

steve harris was one of the greatest bass players ever, right along side geezer butler.

jf

plus a cover of the same by the guachos, a band of mexican children.

jf

man it used to be cool to be able to play your instrument well, i miss those days.

jf

was thinking this through a bit further; over-emphasis on musicianship also killed songwriting, the most important element of all. hence the reason i really got into neil young at around age 17.

case in point, here is a comparison of buckethead's night train solo next to slash's. while BH is the more technical musician, i would rather listen to slash's solo anyday, because it fits better with the song as opposed to being an overextended bit of musical masturbation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMYnl22cqGU&feature=related

jf

There's no comparrison between Dokken (a hair band) and Iron Maiden (the greatest metal bank of all time). :headbangin:

that's why it was a raise & not a call, my man.

as far as hair bands go though, dokken was solid.

jf

There's no comparrison between Dokken (a hair band) and Iron Maiden (the greatest metal bank of all time). :headbangin:

:D

Calmly, CC. The first three Maiden albums were great but after that, well, let's just say that every time I see Spinal Tap ...

I've seen Maiden live twice. Once with Dianno before their first album had barely hit the shelves and once when the obscenely talented Mr. Dickenson had just taken his place. Both times were fun altho' the first was marred by the fact that a certain singer was clearly off his face :eek:.

I think their first album is a rock classic and the only way they could go from there was down - not that they were ever rubbish, to be clear.

:D

Calmly, CC. The first three Maiden albums were great but after that, well, let's just say that every time I see Spinal Tap ...

I've seen Maiden live twice. Once with Dianno before their first album had barely hit the shelves and once when the obscenely talented Mr. Dickenson had just taken his place. Both times were fun altho' the first was marred by the fact that a certain singer was clearly off his face :eek:.

I think their first album is a rock classic and the only way they could go from there was down - not that they were ever rubbish, to be clear.

But at least all thier amps can be turned up to 11 :D

Back