Average

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
30 dollars a month, 2-3 classes a week, Lower belt ranks.
25 dollars a month, 2-3 classes a week, upper belt ranks.

Chicago NW Suburbs, IL

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We charge $100 per month but we offer blocks of time for less. 3 mo, 6 mo, and 1yr gets less and less per month as you go. Its better than binding contracts :asian:
Sean

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We charge $30/month for City residents, $35/month for non-City residents. Classes are 1.5 hours a night, two nights per week. The youth and adult classes are separate, and the rate goes down as additional family members join. However, it is not uncommon for TKD schools nearby to charge $100 per month.
Class fees do not include money for gear, uniforms, testing, and tournament fees.

Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area.

C

clapping_tiger

elcajon555 said:
South East Wisconsin, 50 minutes north of milwaukee
Hey, I am 80 min north of Milwaukee! Where abouts do you live? I live in Manitowoc. Who do you train with?

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just got my hands on a survey with over 400 entries and that was one of the questions. The average was $67 a month.

M

martialpunk

I live about an hour south of Chicago, IL, in a small town, the dues per month are $55 for all students. That allows you to go 5 classes per week, but usually people go Tues, Thurs, Fri, or Mon, Weds, Fri. When I first started dues were only $35 a month, that was four years ago, we have had to increase $5 per month due to insurance and other factors.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My school charges from $50-$70/month depending on how long you commit. Any blackbelt is welcome to teach 1 day a week in return for free classes. These fee's are for five 1hr-1 1/2hr classes a week. We are in a small town called Marysville in northern California. But I've heard of schools charging over $100 a month in Sacramento, bay area, and Roseville..

E

elcajon555

Han-Mi said:
My school charges from $50-$70/month depending on how long you commit. Any blackbelt is welcome to teach 1 day a week in return for free classes. These fee's are for five 1hr-1 1/2hr classes a week. We are in a small town called Marysville in northern California. But I've heard of schools charging over $100 a month in Sacramento, bay area, and Roseville..

I wish we would get free tuition in exchange for teaching, I mean I teach alot and I still pay full tuition, I would be very happy for even a break in tuition

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
when I taught in the UK, I charged a 5er a class for adults,3 for kids and 2quid for sunday which was a open class for everyone.....

and will probably stick to the same when I return at the end of the year to re-open another club.
Over there,its a lot less red tape to run a school and I like the idea of not having to charge a fortune just to teach.
I do understand why its done like that here in the US though...but I really get a kick out of teaching AND learning! and definately disagree with some of the outrageous prices...not to mention "contracts"...that some people charge.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Our rates are $80 / mo if you sign a 12 month contract, $10 higher on a 6-month. Or you can join the BB club, which is - twice as much class time per week, 2 hrs private lessons per week, with no monthly fees, until you reach BB. That runs about $5000 but that is negotiable. For example, I paid about half that... This isa bout the average price in our area. There are a couple of big "health-club" type TKD schools that charge more and some miscellaneous littel clubs stuff that charges much less, and the ususal community -center free stuff too...

cinciman

White Belt
Reaction score
The JKD concepts school I'm looking into charges $105 per month here in Cincinnati, OH. The price is kinda steep, but I feel confident about the school and it's instruction/instructors. There are several seminars held at the school each with people like Dan Inosanto, Machado's of BJJ, and others. They just moved to a new location and are in the planning stages of expanding onto the building and putting in more training space along with a weight lifting area.:)

Latest Discussions