arnold classis

P

progressivetactics

Who has been to this event? Is it worth it?
What do you particularly look for while there?

I have wanted to go the last 3 years, both for body building and martial arts...but something has come up more important each year.

I want to know everyones opinion of this event.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
worth it as in going to watch it? sure, i'd say so. there's some quality competition and a good variety of it. it's not always the cream of the crop in martial arts out there...but who really is these days? i think if you went out there with some friends you would have a good time and get a lot of exposure to different arts.

hell, even crappy tournaments are fun to go to every once and a while.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been the past 2 years. My Kali/Silat instructor, Guru Ken Pannell, is the director of the stickfighting tournament. If you were there this year and saw any of the stickfighting, I was the redheaded guy sitting at the table at the side of the ring with a bunch of papers in front of me (I was managing the pairings and results and trying to keep everything organized amidst all the chaos).

Anyway, on Fri & Sun, I ended up with free time and was able to actually walk around and see stuff. It's a chaotic whirl of fun stuff to see - in both the MA and fitness sides.

If you haven't been, I'd recommend going. It's a good time.

Mike

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
hay sir You should go I miss going this year but went 2 years ago with guru cartlon and a few other friends we all competed and did well this year they went and did well also. Sir I plan on maybe doing the stick fighting there after I am done with the karate part. But the tourament IS HUGE. Maybe you can go with me and guru and a few other people this year it is alot of fun.

Latest Discussions