Are we reducing or cheapened what it takes to be considered brave or to be a hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. When I went to have my physical the doctor caught it. I tried to slip through without saying anything but it did not work.
Call me country or a red neck. I work outside enough to fit either. I have no problem with either. To be more precise I am a cattleman.
I am very, very proud of my heritage.
what part of your cattleman heritage are you proud of?

i have vague recolection of cattle men forcing inocent homesteader off their land, in fact they seemed to make a bad habbit of lynching them, hope its not that part, though i suspect it maybe

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Everybody....

Chill.jpg

Here, watch this and maybe smile. Or not.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kool-Aid is the leftist rhetoric you clearly buy in to. ...

You are making assumptions about me that you have no basis for and at least some of them are inaccurate. I'm not going to explain or defend myself further from your personal judgements, because that's not why I'm engaged with people on this site and I doubt you would be open to the possibility that you were wrong about anything.

I replied in kind and you have gotten offended.

Yeah, a little bit. Your's was a very personal line of attack, where as what I wrote was not intended to be personal or about you in any way. It's okay if you don't agree with me, but you insulted me personally. I think it speaks more to your character than it says anything about me.

Do you not understand you response was offensive to me?

Oh, I certainly do at this point and I am sorry about that (though I haven't seen and don't expect an apology from you for insulting me personally). I still stand behind my comments, whether you understand them or not.

Clearly I do not get your Falkland Islands comparison, still don't .

Clearly not. It appears that Jobo does, though. I think he explained quite astutely why that was a reasonable example. I'm sorry that you don't follow. Maybe he does because it was his country's conflict. Maybe I do because I'm not as uneducated as you decided to accuse me of being. The fact that you don't get it is not evidence of my lack of intelligence, though.

That said, I was less trying to make a point about the Faulkland Islands as I was trying to pick a benign example of a military conflict from a different time and place involving two countries that are not my own in the hopes of avoiding the exact response that I got from you. In doing so, I ran the risk of offending a forum member who was either English or Argentine, but instead I deeply offended a police officer/rancher from the Southwest US. Really didn't see that coming, but here we are.

For the record, I didn't say "the US flag" or the "United States Patriotism" or "Trump" or Biden" or "right" or "left" or any of the stuff you brought into this. I had one simple point to make in response to the OPs original question: The term "hero" has already been used both appropriately and inappropriately a million times over for hundreds of years. It's not losing it's sanctity now if an ER nurse or a Safeway employee is referred to that way. Full stop.

I didn't even give my opinion about whether I thought they were heroes or not, because among other things, my opinion really isn't that important. I really wish you'd move on from me. It appears that you have enough other conflicts here that you could consider this one a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions