Arawaza Onyx Air, Karate Gi WKF approved

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Arawaza Onyx Air, Karate Gi WKF approved on line. When I got it it feel like the material is rip stop nylon?

Web site says "Made with the most advanced fabric and manufacturing technology, Onyx Air is the ultimate uniform for any serious athlete. 6oz lightweight, microfiber."

Anyone have any experience with this type of GI.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Arawaza Onyx Air, Karate Gi WKF approved on line. When I got it it feel like the material is rip stop nylon?

Web site says "Made with the most advanced fabric and manufacturing technology, Onyx Air is the ultimate uniform for any serious athlete. 6oz lightweight, microfiber."

Anyone have any experience with this type of GI.
That type, yes; but not that specific one. FWIW - and I'm not sure how many others will agree - if you're upgrading from the free gi that your dojo gave you, I wouldn't have recommended a kumite gi. Kata gis are the more versatile of the two, so I'd have gotten that first, and then the kumite gi second. It is good that you have the kumite gi, just make sure you have a kata gi as well.

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
FWIW: I purchased it used on line. So I didn't get a chance to feel the fabric or try it on. Seconf, it was way cheaper than new. From what I can tell GI's don't hold their price very well, except for a few styles.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
FWIW: I purchased it used on line. So I didn't get a chance to feel the fabric or try it on. Seconf, it was way cheaper than new. From what I can tell GI's don't hold their price very well, except for a few styles.
Were you originally looking for the Onyx Oygen? They top almost every list I've seen for kumite gis online. I had a Hirota Tsubasa (that I spent about $300 on, if you include shipping), and Onyx Oygen even rank higher than THAT.

Arawaza's Black Diamond gi tops many lists for kata gis, so I'm eyeballing that one.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions