Anyone selling tapes with Anyos on them?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
That links not working Kaith. :waah:

It worked the first time I checked earlier this morning, but now. :mad:

This is confusing. :eek: :shrug: :confused:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The software took a dive on me...I've got a trouble ticket in with the cart vendor. If I don't get a solution in by tonite, I'm going to rebuild the site before I crash tonite, and it should be up by tomorow afternoon.

My deepest apologies for the issue.

I'll post here when I get the kinks out.

Thanks!

B

bloodwood

I have this anyo CD by Datu Hartman and I highly recommend it. It gives front and side views with explanations and done at a slow pace. It also shows the anyos at full speed. There's nothing like having a teacher show you the anyos but this CD is the next best thing. The price is also reasonable.

B

bloodwood

As for MARPPIO showing anyo #9, it had to be one that was developed in the PI while Professor Remy was here in the US.

I recently had the opportunity to view one of the MARPPIO video tapes at a recent training session. The one I saw was single stick disarms for the 12 basic angles of attack. The #1 + #3 were the same as I was taught while the #s 2 + 4 were reversed. The rest were nothing like Professor Remy taught here in the US.
I guess what some call Modern Arnis is different from what others call Modern Arnis. The time lapse in training with Remy A. Presas shows. Many of the techniques were more of what Professor used to call innovations. I hope to get to see the video again to get a better look at their version of the 12 basic disarms.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, give it a try now.
http://wdsupplies.com

I ripped out the entire old shopping cart system and installed a new one this afternoon. Please let me know if you encounter any additional problems with the site.

The cart is secure so credit card info is safe. The inventory is a bit light right now, but I'll have the whole database back online within a few days.

:asian:

B

bloodwood

I have seen on MARPPIO'S web site that they are now selling 12 videos on Modern Arnis. They seem to have made a lot of tapes rather quickly. Has anyone seen these tapes and if so, what is you take on them? Are they any good and are they worth investing in? The one that I saw had DR Remy Jr. and SM Rodel demonstrating the techniques. Are they on all the tapes or is the rest of the family involved?

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Bloodwood,

I was considering mentioning the same in a different thread. I hadn't seen the videos yet as well.

But From their seminars, web/order site, reprinting the "Modern Arnis" and "The Practical Art of Eskrima", to their videos, MARPPIO is not sleeping!

Palusut

B

bloodwood

They are selling 12 videos now with 2 more on the way soon. I wasn't overly impressed with the one I saw and would rather wait for a review here on MT before making an investment in this video series. If anybody has any please post a review.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hadn't seen the tapes yet myself. My point was that they are working!!! Maybe SharpPhil can review them!!!

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I would like to recommend the Warriors' Den Modern Arnis Anyos CD. From what I know, it is currently the only reference source of GM Remy Presas' empty-handed Anyos 1 - 8 available for sale!

Datu Hartman provides front and side execution with explanation for the forms. As stated by Mr. Hartman, this CD does not replace qualified instruction but is a supplement for training.

Please consider adding this CD to your library of Modern Arnis reference material.

Best regards,

Palusut

Latest Discussions