Anyone know anything about TaiJutsu?

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be training with some "ninjas" this weekend and was wondering what their art was all about, anyone know?

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I must be retarted because I though ninjitsu was the art of the ninja, no?

7sm

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I heard they were "ninjas"... don't tell me they aren't... I was so excited I would be fighting ninjas!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Well, I heard they were "ninjas"... don't tell me they aren't... I was so excited I would be fighting ninjas!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Nija's they are my good man, and top notch ones at that!! You will do good to walk away with your life, be careful!!!

:)

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Ninja are dead...just like Samurai"

Blasphemer! They told me I could fight ninjas and I want to fight ninjas damnit!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

M

MartialArtist

Everyone has had their ninja phase in their life. I remember having throwing stars.

Ninjas are just as much a legacy as the Shaolin monks, the samurai, and the Mongol empire.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well..if they train using Ashida Kims books as a reference, run, dont walk....

Shhh...I heard a creak...is that him...Oh Noooo... *GASP*

THUD.:toilclaw:

T

TkdWarrior

taijustu is part of ninpo which includes unarmed combat...
i m copyin this part from another forum this one's wrriten by nevilleb...

Ninpo / Ninjutsu consists of 18 disciples of which unarmed combat (taijutsu) is just one. The 18 disciples are:

Taijutsu - literally body arts = unarmed combat

Bojutsu - stick fighting arts

Kenjutsu - sword fighting arts

Kusari Dogu - chained weapons (kusari fundo,kusari gama etc)

Shurikenjutsu - throwing blades

Sojutsu - spearfighting arts

Naginatajutsu - halberd and related weapons arts

Kayakujutsu - use of explosive and incendary devices

Hensojutsu - use of disguises, masks and personification skills

Shinobi Iri - stealth, infiltration and exfiltration arts

Ba jutsu - horseriding skills

Sui Ren - water training (includes silent movement, snorkeling, swimming etc)

Bo Ryaku - strategic planning and execution

Cho Ho - intelligence gathering and recon skills

Intonjutsu - techniques of escape and hiding

Ten Mon - meteorology

Chi Mon - geography (on how to effictively use the terrain to one's advantage)

Seishin Teki Kyoyo - spiritual refinment

Taijutsu (body skills) in turn consists of Taihenjutsu, Dakentaijutsu and Jutaijutsu

Taihenjutsu - this is translated as movement skills. As should be obvious, this consists of the art of moving the body in combat breakfalls, rolls, leaps etc.

Dakentaijutsu means the art of striking (obviosuly using the body). Strikes can be with any part of the body.. head, fingers , toes etc. Dakentaijutsu includes the study of body mechanics for delivering strikes, koppojutsu (the art of attacking / breaking bones) and koshijutsu (the art of attacking internal organs, muscle tearing and the art of attacking nerve plexus' and key points aka kyusho)

Jutaijutsu is concerned with grappeling skills, specifically throwing , locking and choking techniques. It also deals with ways to counter each of the three (throwing etc.)

As I've said before in several other threads, what is taught today as "ninjutsu" is just taijutsu (unarmed fighting skills). As this post shows, there are 17 more sub disciplines that make up the complete art of ninjutsu... they are not taught today...

.. in short, ninjustu is not taught in this day and age.
-TkdWarrior-

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll let you guys know how the ninja fight goes on Sunday. Hopefully I get to go against some experienced ninjas!

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

T

TkdWarrior

Taijutsu is a generic term used for unarmed combat. Much like "Jujutsu". It's not Ninpo specific.
oh thnx i didn't knew this..
-TkdWarrior-

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
if anyone watches Family Guy, i remember that in one episode Lois takes Tai-Jitsu....i thought they just made the name up. didn't know it actually existed.

that was a good episode though...:D

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My ninpo teacher used the word tai-jutsu to imply a certain, very ninja-ey, way of moving.

I was awful at it.

Tai-jutsu translates as body art and the body is supposed to be moved as a unit, rather than as a set of independant parts.

H

Humble artist

"budo taijutsu" is sometimes used as another name for ninjutsu,some seem to treat them as two different arts though.
Taijutsu is just unarmed "bodily technique" as previously said.Term can be found from aikido as an example.
:asian:

M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by tarabos

if anyone watches Family Guy, i remember that in one episode Lois takes Tai-Jitsu....i thought they just made the name up. didn't know it actually existed.

that was a good episode though...:D
I remember that, and all the letters were in Korean.

The motto was taken from another school probably, it read

"Awareness and/or desire..."

The rest was blocked off.

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welp in case anyone was waiting with bated breath... I met the Ninjas and they seemed like nice guys but they apparently don't spar much and just trained in that slow mo type of self defence where your partner tries to punch you slow and you grab his wrist and have your way with him and back and forth etc... Not my style of training but they did let me show them a little knife fighting and Stick fighting which they seemed to enjoy. Apparently they had done a little of that before at a seminar.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions