Anyone in the Boston Area?

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to give ya that one, you were one of the first if not the first to bring up Systema and talk about in the General section, thanks (ya rummie) :rofl:

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

Actually I remember when this board started. I was like one of the few guys here. I kept the Kenpo section alive. Then I pretty much started the russian martial arts section.

This is correct. GouRonin was the third MartialTalk member, was an early proponent of the Kenpo forum, and was the main poster here for some while--in fact, knowing that he was studying Systema was one of the reasons we added this section, in addition to the usual hope that If you build it, they will come.

As far as I am concerned you all owe me a case of beer.

This I am unable to verify.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

(Which is the PC way of saying, I don't honestly remember)

Someone mentioned it in General I believe but I don't recall who it was. I think I was the one amongst the mods. who was agitating for it but it had been suggested by a member(s) before.

I think that Roland is absolutely correct that there are a number of people who have kept the Russian Martial Arts forum active. We appreciate it! It's been interetesting to me--Mr. Arnold was kind enough to demonstrate some Systema to (on) me but I don't know nearly enough about it or R.O.S.S. Reading posts here, and the links that have been provided here or to me in e-mail, has been educational.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Arthur

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well Gou if you were busy drinking and all, I guess I can't fault you.

Though you are having a bit of the old dyslexia... it obviously YOU who owe me a case of beer:)

Arthur

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Arthur
Well Gou if you were busy drinking and all, I guess I can't fault you.

I was only following orders.

Originally posted by Arthur
Though you are having a bit of the old dyslexia... it obviously YOU who owe me a case of beer:)
Arthur

I'll bring two. One for you and one for me.
:rolleyes:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think my instructor was there for some Filipino knife training and got Systema instead

Can you tell us what you feel the differences are between the two?

Shadow:asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Can you tell us what you feel the differences are between the two?

I couldn't no, I've never done any Filipino stuff and I haven't been doing Systema long enough yet either.

:asian:

Latest Discussions