Anyone going to Cleveland for Sr. Nationals?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is anyone on MT planning to go to USAT Sr. Nationals in November? As a competitor, referee, coach, or spectator?

Miles

Shrewsbury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am not aware of this event but live outside cleveland, could you supply me with info or a link?

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Here's the info on senior nationals in Cleveland. This tournament is a path to the US National Team for both Pan American and World competition with the chance of making the US Olympic team.
http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/624_1460.htm

I'm putting my hat in the ring for a referee position. I haven't done a senior nationals since New Orleans in 2003.

Shrewsbury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
thanks, let me ask you a foolish question, is this just for TKD stylists? are there senior. or master divisions, and would they be open to any style?

thanks!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shrewsbury said:
thanks, let me ask you a foolish question, is this just for TKD stylists? are there senior. or master divisions, and would they be open to any style?

thanks!
It is USAT so only Olympic style of TKD.
Sorry
Terry

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Actually that is something that has changed this year, any style can compete for the US team as long as they play by the WTF rules for sparring. My guess is that ITF and shotokan practioners can make the change pretty easily.

You will find that they have divisions for age, weight and experience levels.
See: http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/2006_Senior_Nationals_Elite_Open_Packet.pdf for more details.

I have been to 8 of these things and they all have been pretty good.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes coach Patatoe style can go but only Olympic style of fightimg and WTF poomse are going to be done at this event. When going to a gun fight one does not bring a water gun, when everybody else has a machine gun. Just my opinion.
Terry

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
With Sr Natls being next week, I thought this deserved a bump.

So is anyone going?

My daughter qualified for World Class in the Fin division but things just did not work out that would allow us to travel and compete this year.

With Jrs and Srs being combined into a single event next year, we should fair better.

Good luck to everyone that is competing next week in Cleveland.

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my students and I will be going down Friday for Sr. Nationals. While I have reservations as to how the USAT is being run, I do enjoy watching high level sparring (and refereeing).

Good luck to anyone going to compete/coach/ref.

Miles

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck to all competitors & officials. One of the few times I wish I didn't live on the West Coast.

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Iceman. I'll be there for nationals next year in San Jose. Wanna put me up for the week? LOL (Just kidd'n wif ya) But seriously, it should be a good time for me. Think I can do it this time. 5th national is a charm!

Latest Discussions