Another OKC Bombing Averted in Texas! Unrelated to Illinois Bomb Plot!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iSj8f0JoPhkg6b8QseVx4c665wowD9AU7OA00

Freaking me out - a SECOND bomb plot, this one in Texas, police say it is unrelated to the one in Illinois I posted about last night.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, 19, who is a Jordanian national, was arrested Thursday in Dallas after federal officials said he placed what he believed to be a car bomb in a parking garage beneath the 60-story Fountain Place office tower.
In both cases, decoy devices were provided to the men by FBI agents posing as al-Qaida operatives. Both are charged with trying to detonate a weapon of mass destruction and face up to life in prison if convicted. Finton also is charged with attempting to murder federal officers or employees.

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
And then there's the Colorado guy who was just arrested.

I've been expecting this type of activity for a long time and I've been frankly surprised that nothing has happened in the US like what happened in Britain and Spain. I wonder why all of these cases have arisen recently.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Maybe I'm just a cynic ( well actually there's really not much question of THAT), but what do you want to bet that at least a few of these are "plants" to stir up some fear and give some excuses to say "oh but , but oh boo hoo, look, the terrorists are increasing their attacks so we have to declare martial law for your own good!"

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a cynic ( well actually there's really not much question of THAT), but what do you want to bet that at least a few of these are "plants" to stir up some fear and give some excuses to say "oh but , but oh boo hoo, look, the terrorists are increasing their attacks so we have to declare martial law for your own good!"

I'm not quite there, but I would not be surprised to find out that the timing was maneuvered in order to achieve some lesser objective.

Latest Discussions