Another "I had a great time with Dr Chapel" thread!

Shortay

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, I'd like to thank Tad and carmstrong for their posts. I agree totally with what you guys said... and I have another thank you to add!

I have just returned from 3 weeks in LA with Doc (well - I stopped off in Bermuda for a few weeks on the way back too). I had met him a couple of times whilst he was over in the UK and we got on very well. I had been fascinated from the start with his teachings and desperate to know more!

So I took Mr Perez up on his kind offer to stay with him and packed my not-so-little bag and caught a flight over the pond to California!

Doc managed to get me through the whole of his 101 syllabus and improved my basics beyond recognition! The indexes on my kicks and the correctly-applied slapchecks have increased my power tremendously, not to mention all the stance work and sorting out my wonky head (don't ask).

I'd like to thank Doc for his generosity and the pleasure of his company. And also the rest of the class for their hospitality. Particularly, Bode for the tour of the LA social scene, Mr "Hit-Hook" Castro for his patience in teaching me my techniques and Mr Perez for putting up with me in his house!

I would urge anyone with the opportunity to learn from Doc to go there and see for themselves what all the fuss is about. You will get so much out of it in such a little time if you go with an open mind and enthusiasm to learn. Sub-Lever Four is different and will challenge the way you think about your martial art, but I have heard of very few people who have tried it and dismissed it, aside from those who had never wanted to accept it in the first place.

I can't add much more to what carmstrong has already said, just to say thanks and I can't wait to see you all again!

xxx

spiderboy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey shortay!

i am soooo jealous - really looking forward to seeing you back in blighty, and hearing all about your trip!

see you soon,

Alex

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shortay said:
Firstly, I'd like to thank Tad and carmstrong for their posts. I agree totally with what you guys said... and I have another thank you to add!

I have just returned from 3 weeks in LA with Doc (well - I stopped off in Bermuda for a few weeks on the way back too). I had met him a couple of times whilst he was over in the UK and we got on very well. I had been fascinated from the start with his teachings and desperate to know more!

So I took Mr Perez up on his kind offer to stay with him and packed my not-so-little bag and caught a flight over the pond to California!

Doc managed to get me through the whole of his 101 syllabus and improved my basics beyond recognition! The indexes on my kicks and the correctly-applied slapchecks have increased my power tremendously, not to mention all the stance work and sorting out my wonky head (don't ask).

I'd like to thank Doc for his generosity and the pleasure of his company. And also the rest of the class for their hospitality. Particularly, Bode for the tour of the LA social scene, Mr "Hit-Hook" Castro for his patience in teaching me my techniques and Mr Perez for putting up with me in his house!

I would urge anyone with the opportunity to learn from Doc to go there and see for themselves what all the fuss is about. You will get so much out of it in such a little time if you go with an open mind and enthusiasm to learn. Sub-Lever Four is different and will challenge the way you think about your martial art, but I have heard of very few people who have tried it and dismissed it, aside from those who had never wanted to accept it in the first place.

I can't add much more to what carmstrong has already said, just to say thanks and I can't wait to see you all again!

xxx
Hey Baby. Miss you, and Uncle Bummy says come back for the Superbowl Housewarming Party.
Smooches. :)

OP
S

Shortay

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm way ahead of you... I've already booked my ticket.

Tell Uncle Bummy I'll be there!

Will try and learn the rules of "Football" before I get there!
:rules:

xx

Latest Discussions