And the #1 reason Hollywood should slip into the sea...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George Clooney will be Starring in the Upcoming Remake of The Seven Samurai.

Cuz we need more movies about Samurai starring Westerners as Samurai. Especially remakes of classics.

Ive never crossed my fingers and hoped for a natural disaster before... but...

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Too bad though The Seven Samurai is a classic, its a shame Hollywood has run out of ideas and has to resort to this crap.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Akira Kurosawa must be turning in his grave... That or laughing uncontrollably... George Clooney…come on… THEY CAN’T BE SERIOUS!!!

Leave it to Hollywood to mess up a classic.

Why does this make me think about the movie John Wayne did where he played Genghis Khan?

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And I thought reality TV was hitting the bottom. Leave it up to Hollywood to find new depths to sink to....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Akira Kurosawa must be turning in his grave... That or laughing uncontrollably... George Clooney…come on… THEY CAN’T BE SERIOUS!!!

Leave it to Hollywood to mess up a classic.

Why does this make me think about the movie John Wayne did where he played Genghis Khan?
Because that was another fine example of Hollywood trying to make a few bucks. Same with Sidney Toler playing a chinese detective for those Charlie Chan flicks.
Or Chuck Conners playing an Apache indian in Geronimo (1962)

So why not Clooney as a japanese in a remake of 7 Samurai?

Probably because someone is an idiot...

Most likely the story line will be changed to where Clooney is a westerner VISITING Japan and gets caught up in helping the villagers... or probably a total re-write of the original script. Something else those oh-so-smart-people in hollywood like to do.

Attachments

• $charlie.jpg
    $charlie.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 207
  • $CONNORSF.JPG
    $CONNORSF.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 207

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
George Clooney? C'mon now...I'm sure there are more than enough Asian actors who could fit the bill. Like my brother, for instance. Eh...scratch that...he may be a *little* too short...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember how they tried to make Sean Connery "japanese" in one of the .007 movies?

Yeah....that was believeable. :rolleyes:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
We can only hope that he has a VERY minor role and winds up committing SEPPUKU in the first couple scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the Worst news I've had in a while!!!!
FIRST: "Hey...they're doing a modern version of the 7 Samurai !!!
:partyon:
THEN:
"..And it'll be staring George Clooney!"

:uhyeah:
:mp5::supcool:

:2xBird2:

SHeeeeesh.......

Your Brother
John

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Remember how they tried to make Sean Connery "japanese" in one of the .007 movies?

Yep...the movie was "You Only Live Twice". Sean Connery looked as Japanese as...say, Paris Hilton in a black wig. ;) I watched it again during one of TNT's James Bond marathons last Christmas break. I laughed my head off at the outrageous swordfighting scenes.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
George Clooney? This can't be so! The 7 Samurai is a classic and should be left alone! This is totally unacceptable. Hollywood should try a story based of of that movie, not remake it, in their visions.

As Public Enemy put it, back in the day...BURN HOLLYWOOD! BURN!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lisa said:

Well remember that he was an Scotsman pretending to be an Englishman PRETENDING to be Japanese. It was Tiger Tiger Tanaka's idea anyway. Ergo... it was in the script and in the novel by Ian Flemming.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CTKempo Todd said:
Guys..this is easy..Don't go see it..

:uhoh: You mean like..."Don't see it???" Of course we'll have to see it. Maybe not at the theater, but we won't be able to rip it to shreds...er..I mean, critique it if we don't see it. :)

CTKempo Todd said:
Way 2 quick to cast stones..relax, open your mind and see what comes of it..
You're right. That way, we'll be well prepped for the remake of "Enter The dragon". :wink2:

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:

Maybe you're hoping that this will be a remake of Seven Samurai the same way as The Magnificent Seven. Homage to the original, but fitting for the actors involved.

But, you don't actually have any hope. So instead you're remembering a different movie.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
rutherford said:
Maybe you're hoping that this will be a remake of Seven Samurai the same way as The Magnificent Seven. Homage to the original, but fitting for the actors involved.

But, you don't actually have any hope. So instead you're remembering a different movie.

Magnificent Seven? I'm expecting something around the quality of "Battle Beyond the Stars" the sci-fi reimagining of Seven Samurai.

Personally, I think they could have waited to make a new version of Seven Samurai until after they rede Casablanca, I mean that movie is OLD, we've got to make it hip again.

Leave the classics alone.

Lamont

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a little unsure of how effective George's famous Eyebrow Acting is going to translate when he's in full battle armor. Are you sure it was a remake of Seven Samurai and not Seven Dwarfs?

OK. So, Seven Samurai. We know that one will be Ole' Eyebrows. My guesses for the remaining six are:

From the cast of Friends:

Ross
Chandler
Rachael's boss from the coffee shop

Others:

John Cleese
The dude known as "Mr. Bean"
William Shatner
David Hasselhoff
Danny Devito
Jackie Chan
Chris Rock
Jay and Silent Bob
Martin Short
Steve Martin
Billy Crystal
Robin Williams
Pat

Maybe have what's her face from Kill Bill consult on all of the sword work.
That should wrap things up nicely...... :D

Anyone else have suggestions?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George Clooney will be Starring in the Upcoming Remake of The Seven Samurai.

Cuz we need more movies about Samurai starring Westerners as Samurai. Especially remakes of classics.

Ive never crossed my fingers and hoped for a natural disaster before... but...

I believe I'm gonna be ill...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't go dissing Jay and Silent Bob on me, now.

I'm sure they would make fine samurai.

:)

Latest Discussions