Reaction score
I want to keep this post Alive
I want to know more.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Primo

OP
T

thatoneguy

this is cool
but are there any arts that were started in the americas with out the help of eaastern styles

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Folk Wrestling!
:boing2: :roflmao:
:roflmao: :lol:

OP
D

Despairbear

Originally posted by thatoneguy

this is cool
but are there any arts that were started in the americas with out the help of eaastern styles

There art MA's all over the world that have started with no influance from eastern styles.

Despair Bear

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok Does anyone have any more info
On this Martial Art.

:armed:
Good Stuff

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
is this authentic?
Im not sure I asked My Grandfather if
he has ever heard of it?

He said that The Machete has many use's in P.R.
But was not Sure if their was a M.A. but doese not dout it

brokenbonz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hmm I'm guessing they have a new site, I found this:

http://www.guazabara.com/Guazabara.Info.htm

(ofcourse this style is a modern reconstruction based on the old skills of the T)aino and Jivaro

and these people seem to be doing research on the Latin-Caribbean martial arts topic:

http://www.peaceonthestreet.com/index.html

Once I've heard of a reference to an afro-puertorican system called "bomba-kalenda" (perhaps a form of stick-fighting). I think that while there may have been many types of fighting systems in the latin-caribbean island in general, few of them were actually teached in a systematic way. That's probably why is so hard to track down specific styles. In regards to Puertorico there are however many modern martial arts styles, below find a list of some of the ones I came across (a fair amount of info on these styles can be found on Wikipedia):

Kyo dai Ryu
Jiuwaithai
Jedan-Ryu Jujitsu
Tai Fu Shoi Karate
Nieves-Ryu Ninjutsu

:)

Latest Discussions