An Osteoarthritis tale... Blog post

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed any super obvious links between my diet and my arthritis, but I probably should start experimenting to see if I can make any adjustments which will help reduce inflammation. The arthritis in my wrists has gotten bad lately and it’s interfering with certain aspects of my training.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed any super obvious links between my diet and my arthritis, but I probably should start experimenting to see if I can make any adjustments which will help reduce inflammation. The arthritis in my wrists has gotten bad lately and it’s interfering with certain aspects of my training.

There are a lot of things listed as causing inflammation, however many of them have no reasearch to back them up. Example; Dairy. Some say it causes inflammation so don't do dairy. However according to teh Arthritis Foundation, there is no evidence to back that up and most doctors feel milk helps osteoarthritis suffers with bone loss. Basically I tend to follow what the Arthritis Foundation says.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
SO after all this, Mrs Xue berating me for 30 minutes when I admitted my food choices mistakes, and then spending the next few days reminding me of my incredibly poor choices.......yesterday she goes to an apple orchard to get apples and comes home with apples and.......2 dozen cider donuts........EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!

snake_monkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There are a lot of things listed as causing inflammation, however many of them have no reasearch to back them up. Example; Dairy. Some say it causes inflammation so don't do dairy. However according to teh Arthritis Foundation, there is no evidence to back that up and most doctors feel milk helps osteoarthritis suffers with bone loss. Basically I tend to follow what the Arthritis Foundation says.

It may serve to note that Nutrition is a young science and new developments are still occurring. Vitamin D is important for calcium intake and joint health. Research may be biased due to funding. It is safe to say that Sugar and fried foods are definitely inflammatory.

Latest Discussions