An Interesting Study

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about teaching students of a certain age that having sex is okay? Here's how to do it in an emotionally responsible and safe way?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whoopi Goldberg said it best:

"You can't stop kids from ****ing. It feels good."

There it is.

That's the reality.

You can make it punishable by death like in Saudi or Iran. You can try and threaten them with a horrible death by cancer twenty years down the line. You can throw them in jail. They will still have sex. So you can keep going for shriller and crueler to satisfy your Big Invisible Friend and keep control of those icky, nasty, slutty female bodies.

Or you can say "This is the way things are. What is the most effective and compassionate way to help them through a difficult period in their lives? How can we help them make rational decisions and keep the toxic fallout to a minimum?"

One way appeals to fear, hatred, total control and the blind worship of unreason. The other tries to take a mature view of a difficult subject and figure out how best to live in an imperfect world.

I know which one I'd choose. But then, I think the Enlightenment was a good thing, maybe the best thing to happen to the species in the past couple thousand years. And real human beings and their fragile lives and happiness are more precious than dogma and the near-sexual pleasures of righteous wrath.

Latest Discussions