Church of Scientology files for a restraining order agaisnt "Annonymous"

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CLEARWATER - With the Internet activist group Anonymous threatening a second round of protests against Scientology this weekend, the Clearwater-based church went to court late Tuesday, filing a petition for a temporary restraining order.
The petition was filed just before the close of court Tuesday afternoon, and the St. Petersburg Times could not obtain a copy of the petition.
Pat Harney, a spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology in Clearwater, confirmed the church had filed a request for a temporary restraining order, but on the advice of counsel, she refused to provide a copy of the lawsuit or discuss who it seeks to restrain.

and the best part:

Representatives of Anonymous could not be reached for comment.

A restraining order against a peaceful protest, not a good sign if it goes through.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked this part: "Pat Harney, a spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology in Clearwater, confirmed the church had filed a request for a temporary restraining order, but on the advice of counsel, she refused to provide a copy of the lawsuit or discuss who it seeks to restrain."

So...theres a request for a restraining order against..... who?

"Those people who are there"

Who are they?

"Those...people. There."

But who?

"Those! People! We want them all restrained."

It'sperfectly clear to me.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just hope they don't target "that one guy". I get that a lot, and I'd hate to be a victim of circumstance.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if I see any IMacs wearing Guy Falkes masks outside the local CoS on the 15th, I'll be sure to take some pictures, LOL!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So...theres a request for a restraining order against..... who?

Why its against Annonymous of course :D

You know... that guy... the one no one knows who he... or she is... find him... or her... and its against them SHEESH its as plain as the nose on the face under the Guy Falkes mask :uhyeah:

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey....if this gets allowed then I want to know why the hell that garbage group saying soldier's die cause you US tolerates gays is allowed to protest funerals...

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So let me get this right...the Church of Scientology is seeking a restraining order against a group of pronouns.

I would like to follow up with a protection order against all adverbs that begin with the letter "R" and the Roman numeral IV (I'm not even sure that we need the number four anyway...).

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, there goes a source of funding for Sesame Street.

"Today was supposed to have been brought to you by the letter "IV," But it has been confined to its room until we've determined if it is safe for children."